The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I won't really comment on technicality stuff since it's at an angle, but he's got toothpicks for legs. I honestly think he's one of the finest boned horses I've ever seen, especially for the amount of mass he has up top. For barrel racing that's just asking for soundness issues. Though racing bred QH's do tend to do well at barrel racing, so I think your in the right direction, just not the right horse.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Yes, those legs are a huge turnoff for a barrel horse. The body type is very nice and is similar to many successful barrel horses out there. The legs though, he may get a few good years (training included) before he breaks down.

if he had bigger bone, I'd be all for him. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
What claporte said and in the other thread as well. Love his looks. Just not enough bone.

Guess it could depend on how competitive you plan on getting, but why chance it? I personally wouldnt take him

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Oh I would LOVE to use this horse in lower level Dressage... but he is light boned for barrels.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Yes his weak legs are most definitely a turn off for me as well, but also his hock. On the inside of his right hock their is a lump...makes me suspicious.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I see what you're saying. That makes makes me sad too, because he has great conformation otherwise it seems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.