The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are the beach pictures that I promised!!!! Sorry it took so long!

We were both having a lot of fun! You can see the saddle slipped WAY forward [girth was loosened somehow]

Investigating

YUMM salt water

Me being overly happy [and soaked]

I thought this was really pretty

And her being a little RB cause the cold water hit her under her tail when seh got a little deeper :p She didnt run me over she was good and swurved around me!!

I really cant wait for the day I swim with her!!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
We want so see some spray and galloping next time.

Enjoy

PS Get a plastic saddle if you are going swimming - oh and wear waterproof johds

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
plastic saddle?! xD My saddle is synthetic so I wasnt worried at all. But when I go swimming with her ill probably take the saddle off.

We did gallop [go see the post "First Gallop"] :)

Thank you Jemma! It was a ton of fun! And I was way to happy haha

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
The first time you swim her you be careful. Have have broken a number of horses to swim and like dogs they try to climb out of the water, thrashing with their front legs in the air and standing on their tails.
Given time to calm down they settle with their heads laying on the water but not at first.
I always used fins and I am a strong swimmer but I wanted the added power and speed to stay out of their way and guide them in the direction I want them to go.
Only after a few swims with me in control would I let the girls swim a horse.. The horse will try and swing towards the shore. He will thrash around blindly with this front feet out of the water. He will try to hold his head up high to keep it out of the water. He will try to touch with his hind feet.
The fins give me the ability to control his head, outswim him and keeps me safe
Good luck

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol I think ill bring her all the way in the water with her on ground first and stay out of her way so she can get her thrashy-ness out and calm down then go in with/on her :)

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Looks like so much fun! Your really lucky, Its been a dream of mine to take Molly to a beach before shes to old... Hasn't happened yet.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New Image... you'll get out there!! I never thought id bring Chance but it happened! :D And it turned out jsut the way I hoped!

SpiritHorse- Thank you!!!! it was an awesome day! I even galloped her full out for the first time ... I cant remember if you read teh post or not :p But she put a heck of a lot of trust into me which was awesome!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LIBERTY on the beach LOL!!! I think you think were more advanced then we really are there SpiritHorse! HAHAHA Well I found out Chance can do some things up to level 4 online :) But thats not liberty xD But the idea of it is awesome!!

Smoothtrails - you could always get a trailer and trailer your guys down to a beach! :) Just find out if they allow horses :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.