The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are pretty old, but I am just so curious (plus I saw another free jumping thread... so... ;] ). What do you guys think about Bear? Does he have potential to jump undersaddle higher then 3' (that is the highest he has shown and such)? Just give me your feed back, harsh or not. :p

1'6.jpg
^^ 1'6"
2'3 #2.jpg
^^ 2'3"
2'6.jpg
^^ 2'6"
3'3 #2.jpg
^^ 3'3"
3'3 #3.jpg
^^ 3'3" {He trotted up to this one}
3'3 #4.jpg
^^ 3'3"

Bear is 14 years old, 17.1 hands, full TB (trying to track down is reg. name/info. Tattoo number is Y44207). Most of his training is in HJ. Has done "A" shows at 3' and was always in the ribbons. He wont be doing that again for another 2+ years. xD

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah, and the 3'3" jump is kind of a mix up between 3'3" and 3'6". :p One end was higher then the other. "/ Sorry about that guys!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
i think he does have potential to be jumping higher, some of the photo's he does look like he could tuck his front leg's in abit more.
He also look's very nice jumping :D
I do hope to hear if you guy's will be trying to jump higher under saddle.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Twister! It will be some time before we are jumping higher then 2'9, but I will keep you posted. ;]

·
Registered
147 Posts
Its a little hard to tell when they are jumping smaller jumps as he looks as though he isnt trying very hard though despite that it looks like he could easily go much higher and i think over largers jumps he will show very nice style (his jumping improves as the jumps are raised). Challenge him over some bigger jumps next time then you can really get and idea of what he can do, he looks very capable =D

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm not an expert, but he's not really tucking his front legs up under him, but you can only try and see if he'll jump 3'+ when someone is riding him!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm not an expert, but he's not really tucking his front legs up under him, but you can only try and see if he'll jump 3'+ when someone is riding him!
Agree but it looks like he isnt because he knows he doesnt have to. My horse can jump but over smaller jumps he doesnt bother really.
Like here he trotted into it so he knew he had to pick up his knees http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i197/horse_nd_cow_crazy_1/120m.jpg

But like here he can easily get over without having to pick up his knees much at all haha
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i197/horse_nd_cow_crazy_1/jumpinglesson046-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
No comment on his jumping, but I looked up his tatoo. That's not his number, Y44207 goes to a Bay Mare named Homecoming Court...

I'll try finding him for you. Does he have any white markings? Be specific if he does ;)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone! Yeah, Bear isn't the most careful jumper, but he is getting better. I don't think he has ever done gymnastics, as when I free lunged him over some he got very confused. :p I will post those video stills soon I hope.
Sorry about the small pictures! Here is Bear over two cross rail with me, and here he is over 2'9 with a rider before I bought him.

1434220.jpg

8_31_2009 2_22 PM_00014.jpg

Picture 291 002_0001.jpg

9_3_2009 11_59 AM_0001d.jpg
^^ this one is to see if he has any white markings. I don't believe that he has any white markings, but he does have flea bitten markings on him. I dunno, on those really nasty "here mom, let me roll right before you come and catch me" days, he does look like he has a star. :lol:

·
Registered
597 Posts
He looks like he jumps better at the higher heights... as far as his knees I mean he is 17hh he could probably just step over some of those he is probably just being a little lazy. He is beautiful btw.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Anything on his legs? You can tell with grey horses when they're wet - you'll be able to see the skin pigment. But, of course, it's winter now... so getting him wet isn't an option ;)

I'll still look though...

Which number in his tatoo is the most questionable? I found one that's Y44208, the description is: Irregular star and connected short mixed stripe, ending to left in center of face. Double diagonal cowlick above eye level, right is higher.

Hard to tell if he has a stripe on his face in the pic. Check for a cowlick maybe?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im trying to think about it, but I dont think he does. Next time I get the chance I will get his legs a little bit wet. I might be able to today, as I need to soak one of his legs after I take him for a walk (his stocking up is giving him troubles). He has two cowlicks on his head, one on his forehead and one on his nose. I have attached some pictures of those and a few full body shot. He does look like he might have some white markings on his legs. These are some of the better pictures I have. "/

Bear is a bit lazy, mainly because he has been a lesson horse teaching kids to ride/jump. If im not riding at my best, he is pretty sloppy. :p

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.