The Horse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today reminded me it's not all that long to wait for spring - glorious day to catch up with friends who moved away, in an area we also moved away from - first time got the horses back there since we moved & it was great to be back in that glorious environment!

Only added 6 more miles to the Tevis tally, but... who cares really.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
What great pictures:)(y):)(y)

I keep forgetting you are coming into Spring, with everything fresh and new:). We, i. The U.S. and Canada are looking forward to this beastly hot/humid/fires-everywhere being over wit, so those who still ride, can actually enjoy riding.

Who is getting ponied? Did she walk across that bridge without having heart failure?:) Which, In.ove that bridge — every trail horse needs one of those to cross over.

When I lived further north, grated steel bridges were popular on most of my county’s roads. That was great schooling —- especially if the bridge was really high up from the water — oh:poop::poop:!!! said a few of the neighborhood horses. Not my Duke (RIP) Duke who was born wearing a no-fear T-shirt🥰

·
Registered
775 Posts
When I lived further north, grated steel bridges were popular on most of my county’s roads. That was great schooling —- especially if the bridge was really high up from the water — oh:poop::poop:!!! said a few of the neighborhood horses. Not my Duke (RIP) Duke who was born wearing a no-fear T-shirt🥰
Oh dear, you brought back a memory!

Back in the 80s, I agreed (stupidly) to take the Governor of Oregon from City Hall to Waterfront Park in Portland in my carriage, to kick off a celebration called Neighbor Fair. We had unloaded at the sea wall and I was taking my mare for a walk in hand to see the sights. There are many bridges across the river that we had to walk under. One was an open steel grate bridge. We got squarely underneath the bridge and a city bus drove over the top of us!! My poor mare did a SPLAT! Spook, with one leg going in each point of the compass! LOL! OMG. When hitched up we got put behind an Al Kader calliope and a high school band, whose mighty bass drums let out a great BOOM! to start the parade! Flanked by motorcycle cops. The governor and two city commissioners in the carriage.

Oh my dear precious mare! We all survived! And you know what? I never got my free commemorative T-shirt!

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Holy Crow @dogpatch , that is quite a story! Forget the T-shirt, a case of wine would have been better:cool:

Reactions: dogpatch
1 - 7 of 7 Posts