The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stormy is a beautiful, willing, eager to please 17yr. old Egyptian Related Arabian mare. Stormy was trained using the natural horsemanship/Pat Parelli technics. She has been ridden extensively in the back country and trails of the Eastern Sierra's. Loads, leads, ties, bathes, clips, and is good for the farrier. Is not afraid of cars, trucks, atv's, will cross water, wooden bridges, and backpackers no problem. Has been shown in English and WP, but loves being a trail horse best. Has been bred once, was easy breeder and a great mom. She is current on vax and goes barefoot. Stormy is sensitive to her riders body language and temperment. Stormy will require an intermediate to advanced rider with horse experience and knowledge. If you had/have horse experience and wish to get back into riding she maybe the horse for you. Please only serious inquiries and be prepared to answer questions and provide references. Stormy is located in California and I will only consider interested parties located in California, Nevada or Arizona. You can find her pedigree information on allbreedpedigree.com and there are more pictures of Stormy on dreamhorse or equine.com.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course there's a catch. Storm is going to require someone with horse knowledge, who doesn't take her on thinking they can fix her. I've had her for ten years and we still have the same problems, but she is solid when riding her. She's doesn't bolt, bite, kick, rear or run you over. She stands to be mounted or dismounted. She loads up no matter what kind of trailer. An old Miley two horse straight or a newer slant load. She is not necessarily alpha, but will make sure she get's her breakfast and dinner. She can be bribed with peppermint candies. She has been ridden over some pretty hairy terrain, throw shallow and deep running streams, and over suspended bridges in the backcountry.

1) She has to wear a fly mask and is a little timid when you are putting it on and taking it off. So she must be haltered, or you aren't getting near her with horse eating fly mask.

2) She was in a serious wrestling match with an idiot horse shoer over trimming her righthind. I guess you could say they both lost. Stormy is timid about having her hoof trimmed now. She prefers to be trimmed in her corral and she likes those stands that the farriers are using to support the hoof. For a new shoer she may be timid and not give him her hoof or move away.

3) Thanks to a bovine (cow) vet, that's all we had here where I live for a long time. When we bred her and took her in for her preg check, we told him that she had been a maiden mare. He took no notice of our warning, gloved up and shoved his hand/arm down her butt. You can image how that went over. So, should Stormy for some reason need her temperature taken, you feel she is sick/under the weather, you will probably need to twitch her.

So, if anyone is still interested, just email me through either dreamhorse or equine.com

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hmm your GIVING her away cause shes timid, has a slight shoe problem and needs a slight twitch... hmm I still see a catch... nothing that good goes that free. Its also funny that you never said any of those in the origional post.. fishy.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
and no registered name.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I mean they do have a good point though, you never know, my aunt found a Friesian mare on craigslist with papers and "said" she was a great riding horse for sale for only $2100 and turns out, the person was a scammer and when she tried to buy the horse it showed up that you had to "ship" the horse, like you would if you bought something from Ebay. So I mean you just never know, sometimes there honest and they are really awesome deals but then again, it could be a scammer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hmm your GIVING her away cause shes timid, has a slight shoe problem and needs a slight twitch... hmm I still see a catch... nothing that good goes that free. Its also funny that you never said any of those in the origional post.. fishy.
Seriously I just gave a perfectly sound sane horse for free. So lets not talk about something you obviously know nothing about. Do you know the OP? If not, then don't judge. It could be something being left out, but there is an even HIGHER chance that it is someone just trying to re-home a horse. Have you been hidden away from the horse industry lately? I was offered a 50,000 dollar champion TWH stud fore FREE, because I am experienced and because they just couldn't afford to even FEED him anymore, and wanted him to go to a good home rather than be bought by some jackass and end up on someone's plate.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
aww wow i wish i lived in CA now, i dont even live in the US! i can understand why free though shes quite old and isnt a big show horse, i love arabs have an anglo my self, love him to bits even though hes the cheekiest horse ever!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I was just given an Arab for FREE. Absolutely stunning, perfect manners, broke, registered, etc. Some people care more about the horse getting a good home than about the money that they could get for it.
I know nothing about the OP but just wanted to say it does happen sometimes!

·
Registered
16,508 Posts
nothing that good goes that free.
That's completely incorrect.

I recently picked up a 5 y/o registered TB gelding for NOTHING.

JJ is sane, sound, conformationally correct, and has an amazing personality. There's absolutely nothing wrong with him, except that his owner couldn't afford to keep him any longer.

17 y/o is YOUNG for an Arabian, especially one who's been well taken care of. I'm not fond of Egyptian breds, but there are plenty of people who would jump at the chance to own a well bred, sound Arabian.

The economy sucks lemons right now and many good quality horses are going for literally nothing, because their owners would rather see them go to a good home than starve or sell them at auction.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
It could go either way guys. I can see how some of you would find it questionable but there is also a chance that the horse is perfectly fine. Either way, if someone is interested, it's their job to inquire about the mare and do their own looking into the situation itself.

I personally found the first post to be deceiving because all those problems with this horse were only brought up after someone questioned it. Again, if someone comes up as interested, it's their duty to look into what this mare.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was just given an Arab for FREE. Absolutely stunning, perfect manners, broke, registered, etc. Some people care more about the horse getting a good home than about the money that they could get for it.
I know nothing about the OP but just wanted to say it does happen sometimes!
I agree!! Jeez some of you people are so rude and judgemental. If you don't believe it don't email her. If I ever had to sell any of my horses, they would all be free to good homes. The economy is BAD and people ARE giving away perfectly good horses just to know they are in good homes.

I know a guy with two standardbred racers. Both are young, perfectly sound and race well. He is getting out of the business. Multiple trainers want to buy them (for $$$) to race them. The owner refuses and wants to sell them to a riding home (for FREE) and know they will be taken care of. I think that is GREAT and I applaud him for caring more about the horses then the price they can get him if he were to sell.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Well I mean they do have a good point though, you never know, my aunt found a Friesian mare on craigslist with papers and "said" she was a great riding horse for sale for only $2100 and turns out, the person was a scammer and when she tried to buy the horse it showed up that you had to "ship" the horse, like you would if you bought something from Ebay. So I mean you just never know, sometimes there honest and they are really awesome deals but then again, it could be a scammer.

I am still amazed how many people are still falling for these.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Good-luck with selling your horse,

I was given my horse for free, well he wasn't perfectly sain but anyway. *Cough* nutcase *Cough*

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow!! Glad we could all take apart my ad. No I'm not a scammer, but have been fielding many since I put the ad up. And I don't feel that I was trying to hide anything by not putting it in my first post. If I didn't put it my second post, I'd say I was dishonest and sneaky.

I just want to find her a good home. Sure I could use the money, since the governor and legislature of California, totally suck and have ripped apart my pay check. But let's see with todays market she would probably fetch $1000 or so. She is not straight egyptian, so any Egyptian breeder wouldn't be interested in her, even though she has some good old lines. She has one line to Polish, through Sun God, so no polish breeder would be interested in her. So, if you don't mind breeding pure arabian mutts, no matter what you breed her too, your gets line in not going to be straight just pure.

So, instead of asking for someone to part with $1000, maybe if I'm lucky for a horse that has some irritating quirks, I would rather find her a good long term home with someone who is experienced and familiar with Arabians. And we have done that I believe. I have three serious inquiries who have provided me with their references that I will be checking on this week.

Just heading home from AZ and am stopped at the Home Depot in Henderson, NV, where hubby is shopping.

And yes you can get outstanding free horses, even better bred than mine and younger. I was just given a really nice Quarterhorse mare, 6yrs. old, who's owner cannot handler her. She's got just a little too much TB in her. And since I find that some of the TB lines are similiar in temperment to Arab. lines (have owned both extensively), her and I get along great. I think it's cause we both are slighty goofy. A burger and fry short on a happy meal.

Hey everyone, have a great New Years!! And I'll talk to you all next year or sooner if I can wrestle some computer time from hubby.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What is yalls problem?!? EVERY horse has issues. My world champion kicks. My res world champion hates being blanketed. My american warmblood digs holes. My 27yo ranch/barrel racer doesnt tie. Lay off of her. Shes offering a horse..if you think something is wrong and shes a scam them simply IGNORE the post. Who cares about papers...she an old mare and shes free. sorry,you get what you pay for. shes not selling her as a broodmare,she giving her away to a good home.TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT BUT DONT START CRAP!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.