The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have my horse on ultmiate finish by buckeye and it has a lot of fat in it to do the same as like beet bulp and stuff like that..... but its not working...hes been on it for about 3 months and i dont notice anything... can any one recomend anything that has helped your horse gain just a little weight?????? i work him every other day at least.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I've had good results with cool calories 100. Or you can use flax or oil over the grain.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Add probiotics to make sure he's using the nutrition he's getting.. and maybe increase his feed some to compensate for what he's working off??

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
I agree with luvs2ride. Alfalfa will add a bit more protien to his diet and will help him bulk up on muscle instead of just getting fat. Especially if you are working him.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I also tried the Ultimate Finish & didn't get results. I switched to Omega HorseShine (which you can pick up at Fleet Farm) and saw great results in a matter of weeks. It gives the horses a shiny coat, makes their mane & tail grow, gives them strong hooves and plumps them up just enough. Feed as much hay along with it as you can.

Before Omega HorseShine:

After Omega HorseShine:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.