The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Before" Previous owners were free feeding alfalfa and supplimenting with corn tortillas. Oh, and no turnout or regular visits from the farrier.

"After" These were taken last Sept (2009)

A little better no?

Lets see your Before and after pictures!!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Gorgeous!! Really well done you! The transformation is absolutely stunning. And corn tortillas?!?! Corn has no business in a horse's diet!!!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
These are as close as I get to before and after pics.

Lillie the very first time I saw her. (I think around May 09)

And at the end of the summer: (Aug/sept 09)

And this winter (hard to tell anything with the winter woolies) (think Feb 2010)

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
LOL! No..not on purpose..hoped I had caught it before anyone else saw it. But glad I could make you laugh. ROFL!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was shocked to hear it as well. It was actually the owner's child that told me (very proudly) that "she just loooooves tortillas and bread"!

Thank you, but I can't take credit for this transformation (though in these pictures she is not conditioned), it was my aunt. I did however handle her re-education. This little mare had a lot of issues, major fear. The first day I went to see her I asked if I could ride. When they brought out the saddle her entire body started to literally shake. Couldn't touch her ears, or get a halter on if she was loose (hence her halter being on in photo #1). Needless to say I didn't ride, but spent the next couple of weeks doing basic ground work and gaining trust. Today she is a happy camper packing around kids and posing for pictures and is very well loved by her owner (my aunt). Here she is on Valentines Day this year (looking like a wooly bully in her winter Jammies)!!

(and yes, that hackamore is waaaaaay too low. we have a pony sized headstall on order!)

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Wow what an improvement, he is gorgeous.

OK here's mine though I have another thread going (which I just updated today.

Hunter Last July/Aug not been fed properly, needing to be gelded and needing hernia surgery. Basically he was just ignored until I adopted him

6368_98481053079_732348079_1985437_3811087_n.jpg

Jan 10
IMGP0267.jpg

Last Sat (with a shave)
27976d1269492319-will-he-grow-img_1193.jpg

And I rode him for the first time last night!
24507_380537668492_529603492_3603392_5391724_n.jpg

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
These are as close as I get to before and after pics.

Lillie the very first time I saw her. (I think around May 09)

And at the end of the summer: (Aug/sept 09)

And this winter (hard to tell anything with the winter woolies) (think Feb 2010)

I love the last pict, they look so cute with their woolies, Hunter looks like he shrunk since we shaved him lol

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
The girl I adopted him from got him at auction Dec 08 and they said he was 18 months which would make him nearing 3, but think he is younger than that, which is why we really aren't going to start riding him lightly til fall and then starting again Spring 2011. (He is the "Will he grow?" thread) lol

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Aww Such a sweet face!!

What did I miss???

I sure am glad my Feb doesn't look like yours!!! Brrrr. I don't know how y'all handle so much snow!!!
Thank you. For the very first picture..I had this picture in place (on accident).

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Now THAT is one heck of a transformation!!!!:lol:
LOL! I was going for the most amazing transformation! (j/k)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The girl I adopted him from got him at auction Dec 08 and they said he was 18 months which would make him nearing 3, but think he is younger than that, which is why we really aren't going to start riding him lightly til fall and then starting again Spring 2011. (He is the "Will he grow?" thread) lol

Ahhh... poor guy didn't get the best start then I imagine. Lucky for him he's in better hands now!

I have a super soft spot for Pal's. Below is Lacy J Bar, I used to show her when I was a kid.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Ahhh... poor guy didn't get the best start then I imagine. Lucky for him he's in better hands now!

I have a super soft spot for Pal's. Below is Lacy J Bar, I used to show her when I was a kid.
What a pretty face. I am a sucker for Palominos too

·
Registered
627 Posts
I really chuckled at the cow.

I love seeing before and afters. Everyone looks great. Here is Pickles'...almost been a month now.

First day:

Few weeks ago:

Few days ago:

·
Registered
451 Posts
june 2009 - the first day
2010-03-26_004358.jpg

august 2009
2010-03-26_005257.jpg

octomber 2009
2010-03-26_005514.jpg

november 2009
2010-03-26_004220.jpg

He looks better now :) but I didn't had the occasion to take pictures.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
She looks amazing! To all the B&E's, great jobs guys.

OOOOH, before and afters! Love them!

This is my "ex" horse Honeys Yellow(Honey)

Before:
fd2.JPG

After!
conformation.jpg

newts 2.jpg

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.