The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roo is a 13 year old thoroughbred gelding, he stands 16.2HH and is a bay. He is currently registered with the jockey club and has seattle slew and war admiral in his lines. He has done it all from jumping to barrels. He has been used in playdays, 4-H horse shows, barn shows, rodeos, and trail rides. He also has done entry level dressage, and has a slow trot to die for. He is very level headed and very very smart. He's a bit of a houdini when it comes to feed, I've caught him several times breaking into the feed room and getting into the grain. He is also UTD on shots, coggins, worming, and trimmed. He will wear shoes, but he's not tender footed, so I keep him bare footed. He can be ridden english or western, depends on the riders choice

I currently use Roo for my students. He does very well with each student, has never offered to buck, kick, bite, or rear. He does prefer to be ridden in a snaffle, he also has a very soft mouth. He loves to run, does get frisky during winter, nothing serious. Hes currently in a 10 acre pasture with 2 mares and a stud colt....Roo is not aggressive or pushy with the mares, just the stud colt. Hes a bit of a follower. Not herd or barn sour, does fine on the road alone. He's currently inshape, we do believe he has hyperthyroidism, but he has put on quite a bit of weight this winter. He's just very lanky. Willing to do a lease to own deal, Roo just has to stay on my property until fully paid, buyer will also pay board ($30 a month).

Email [email protected] for more info and pictures on this handsome guy.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I forgot to mention that, we were hoping to get $1,500 OBO. Willing to negotiate price for the right home

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
im soooo sorry you have to sell roo.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Dang I wish I was closer to you! He sounds like the horse I've been dreaming of getting...just to indulge me, do you have pics? =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.