The Horse Forum banner

Being Re-directed to some supposed security check?

976 Views 13 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Horsef
I tried to read a post, "Registering a grade mare in APHA or AQHA" and when I click on the title to pull up the post, I'm being re-directed. Registering a grade mare

Screen shot:
One more step
Please complete the security check to access www.horseforum.com

Why do I have to complete a CAPTCHA?

Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property.
What can I do to prevent this in the future?
If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware.
If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices.
Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. You may need to download version 2.0 now from the Chrome Web Store.
Cloudflare Ray ID: 6c86535c9baa5343 • Your IP: 2001:5b0:51c0:c978:1dca:1413:4472:5db1 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

I've never had this before this post and it hasn't happened on any others. Thanks for your help.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Super Moderator
17,145 Posts
It happens in response to a trigger from some thing on your device. They have been happening more and more. You can exit and come back or change pages which may or may not work. I'll report this thread and see if tech will respond.

· Registered
2,970 Posts
It’s been happening to me regularly (at least once a day) since the redesign of the site and I reported it. It especially happens when I switch to a different WiFi but it also happens randomly. I learned to live with it - I guess this particular software thinks I’m super-dodgy. It doesn’t happen to me on other websites which employs Captchas (it’s a standard security feature to prevent bots).

· Registered
2,026 Posts
There's times that I've to prove I'm human every time I log in to HF, then it disappears for a time before returning again. I must've been through hundreds of photos of planes, trucks and boats.

• Haha
Reactions: ACinATX

· Registered
16,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It happens in response to a trigger from some thing on your device. They have been happening more and more. You can exit and come back or change pages which may or may not work. I'll report this thread and see if tech will respond.
It’s been happening to me regularly (at least once a day) since the redesign of the site and I reported it. It especially happens when I switch to a different WiFi but it also happens randomly. I learned to live with it - I guess this particular software thinks I’m super-dodgy. It doesn’t happen to me on other websites which employs Captchas (it’s a standard security feature to prevent bots).
There's times that I've to prove I'm human every time I log in to HF, then it disappears for a time before returning again. I must've been through hundreds of photos of planes, trucks and boats.
It's never happened to me until today and until that one post. I read and posted to others before trying to read that one. And it is still happening on that one post. Guess I don't have parental permission to read it! :D

· Registered
16,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I meant to add, it doesn't happen anywhere else, cookies are cleared, security is up to date, yak yak yak. I'm familiar with Captcha's, hate the friggin things but familiar. It struck me odd that it was only that one post.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.