Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious... play if you want!

My second favorite is the octopus- it comes in so many forms, can immitate other animals both in color and mimicry, and they seem intelligent yet we know so little about them. Their mystery intrigues me.

My third favorite would be the elephant- their ability to have emotions is amazing and so is their familial structure.

Others I like just for beauty- polar bear, tigers, penguins, hummingbirds....

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Haha... hmmm ive never really thought about a second, its always just been horses horses horses for me :p And even then i cant even explain why i love them so much, haha.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Horses need no explanation- they are incredible- nuf said :)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I would say a close race between cats and dogs. With both, you have the same devotion, and at least they're always happy to see me when I come home. But then again, my best friends have always been animals...lol.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Second to horses is rabbits! I LOVE THEM. Just like horses, I dont think that I could go a day where I didnt have a rabbit in my life. I just have one right now, a English Angora doe, but I hope to bring home another soon within the next couple weeks..

And third would have to be guinea pigs! I love my little Teddy guinea pig, Anja. lol She makes me smile :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
Cats. They're so independant, and I really like that. Also they like to be pet, and get along with horses! :)

·
Super Moderator
22,681 Posts
Cats, absolutely.

I love their petite appearance, very beautiful animals in my eyes.

·
Registered
562 Posts
cats, just love them. i work at a cat shelter and we have 2 that are brothers and very very bonded. they sleep with eachother every day, groom eachother, cuddle and wrap their arms around eachother, sometimes one will litterally sit on top of the other, its adorable. One is very outgoing, his name is Cooper and Coopers brother's name is James, and James is very shy, he will come up to you but if you reach down he runs away, and then comes right back. James also has the most beautiful bright green eyes ive ever seen. lol
just thought id share :)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Cats, I just LOVE them. They are all so different, sassy and rule wherever they are. They all have so much personality, I've never met a cat I didn't like. Ever!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Jellyfish, bats, and cats are my top three...also elephants and nautilusssessess. :D

Basically because they're, you know, awesome. I've loved these animals since I was a wee lass, always will.

A house ain't a home without a cat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Rats. I've had 'em off and on through my life. I don't have any now -- they take a lot of time if cared for properly (not just thrown into a small wire cage and neglected).

Rat Fan Club

That Loris sure is cute!!! Not a good pet, though.

A Slow Loris is Adorable, but Not for a Pet - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

I'd like to have some chickens but can't get past the hatchery problem of disposal of the males -- why I try to be vegan (I've been vegetarian since 1986).

YouTube - Undercover Investigation at Hy-Line Hatchery
YouTube - What's Wrong with Dairy?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That Loris sure is cute!!! Not a good pet, though.

A Slow Loris is Adorable, but Not for a Pet - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

I'd like to have some chickens but can't get past the hatchery problem of disposal of the males -- why I try to be vegan (I've been vegetarian since 1986).

YouTube - Undercover Investigation at Hy-Line Hatchery
YouTube - What's Wrong with Dairy?
I agree about the Loris- don't take things like this and try to make them pets, whehter or not they were born in captivity- it takes 20,000 years to domesticate an animal.... or it should.

As for the hy-line hatchery, that is the most awful video I have ever seen- and I am a registered nurse- I see tons of awful things all day long. It shows graphic details so be careful if you watch it.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jellyfish, bats, and cats are my top three...also elephants and nautilusssessess. :D

Basically because they're, you know, awesome. I've loved these animals since I was a wee lass, always will.

A house ain't a home without a cat.
Bats in interesting too....

·
Registered
675 Posts
Dogs...besides horses they are the best friends a person can have and SO loyal and loving.
"A dog is the only creature that loves a person more than themselves." Dogs are the animal that will lie down next to there dying owner and die with them. They are amazing. :)

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
I absolutely love dogs. I was very fortunate to grow up with dogs. They are absolutely phenomenal animals. They will play, cuddle they know what you're thinking, asking. They are such interactive animals, I love them.

A new interesting animal I have been reading into is tropical fish. They have phenomenal colors and all have such interesting shapes and personalities. The way they function is absolutely phenomenal. I find them really neat.

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Besides horses, my number one favorite animals are the bigger tropical fish. I love their personalities and how there are so many pretty simple DIY projects you can do that entertain them no end. :lol:

I'm also a dog and cat fan. I just prefer a very specific kind of personality in them, I definitely don't love/appreciate them all. Haha

I also really like small animals. I had guinea pigs for a number of years and I'd love to have them again but they involve a ton of space and work/time, both things I don't have right now.

I guess I basically enjoy most animals but those are my main favorites!

Oh! I also really like cows. Hahahaha

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.