The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so what are the best boots for all 3 phases? I am on a budget. My money mainly goes to my horse and not me :p. So what are some decent field/tall boots I can use for all 3 phases? They don't have to be leather. They can be synthetic. I like the mountain horse boots (winter boots look comfy but in the summer id die haha). I'm looking for something easy to break in. Comfortable. For under $150 preferably. Nice looking and black preferred. Maybe zip up? I wear a size 7.5 in normal shoes. I have kind of wide feet. My calves are pretty normal. And I am kind of short. 5'1". So does anyone know of or have any experience buying synthetic boots? Also...breeches. Are pull on breeches allowed? I think they're more comfortable.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Wow, now that is nice price for tall field boots. Those aren't half bad looking. Wonder if they sell a dress boot?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought those boots to use for schooling, and the zippers wore out very quickly. They also scuff easily and the laces break frequently. I would suggest a different brand.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I really like my Ariats - I've had them for two years and they haven't broke down yet! :) And Dover has them on closeout right now...here's the links:

Ariat® Challenge II Zip Field Boot™ | Dover Saddlery These are a little above your price range, but they have been drastically marked down. I would say you would need a short height.

Otherwise, there are others that aren't too terribly expensive. I love Ariat western boots as well, so Ariat as a whole is one of my favorite brands.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I know a girl that has a pair of these, and they're actually nice looking boots. I was pretty surprised when she told me that they were actually a cheap pair of Saxon synthetic boots! She only rides two or three times a year with a friend of mine though, so I can't say how well they would hold up if she actually rode in them on even a weekly basis. My guess is not too terribly well.

I'd suggest keeping your eye open for a decent pair of used boots. A friend of mine was recently trying to sell a pair of Ariat field boots in good condition for $100 plus shipping... and had trouble finding a buyer because there were a few better deals out there. If you know where to look you can find a good quality pair of boots with little wear for well within your price range- the only problem is finding the correct size too! Measure your calves and leg height, and ask for those measurements on the boots themselves if you try to go the used route.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.