The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pony has cushings and so this spring when it gets warmer I want to clip him to get rid of the extra fur! I dont want the clippers that are only for a face trim and I want some that are decently quiet because it has been years since Alfie was clipped so I dont want to scare him! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
192 Posts
The best clippers I have used are the Oster Clip Master variable speed. They are a little loud and heavy though. I have also had no problem with using a good set of Oster dog clippers that you can buy at walmart. They aren't very loud. Since your pony has cushings you may want to invest in a good set because of the thicker hair they tend to have. This is my gelding after using the dog clippers on about 1" of fur. I had no clipper tracks and it came out very clean. I was pretty surprised considering they were only like $40.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I agree with the Oster ClipMasters. They are my fav and since your pony has cushings you may find yourself clipping him more then once a year. They are powerful and get the job done. but I also have a set of PowerPro Ultra's to do faces and legs. The Clipmasters are huge and you can't get in the tight little spaces. The A5s are excellent too.

·
Administrator
35,835 Posts
If he's nervous then you should look at the Liberty range of full size rechargeable clippers that come with a power pack that you carry on your waist - they aren't too noisy or heavy and no trailing cable to worry about
I've been really pleased with the ones I bought last year
Lister Liberty Popular Pack | Dover Saddlery
For clipping heads and those hard to get at places it really is far easier to also have a small pair of clippers as well as the full size ones - I think the Wahl Chromado have been the best ones I had so far

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The best clippers I have used are the Oster Clip Master variable speed. They are a little loud and heavy though. I have also had no problem with using a good set of Oster dog clippers that you can buy at walmart. They aren't very loud. Since your pony has cushings you may want to invest in a good set because of the thicker hair they tend to have. This is my gelding after using the dog clippers on about 1" of fur. I had no clipper tracks and it came out very clean. I was pretty surprised considering they were only like $40.
would you reccommend the Oster Clipmaster for my cushings pony?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.