The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any insight into the best light-weight Western saddles? I have an older (15 years old) Big Horn synthetic that I really like, but would like to replace. Needs to be FQH bars. Ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
If I had a saddle I liked, I'd consider that same brand again. But I would sit in as many brands as possible before making a purchase.

My husband rode in a Fabtron for several years. It held up well.

Happy shopping!

Reactions: TrailTraveler

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Are the Corrientes lighter? About what do they weigh? I know that some of the Ladies models(like the Crates lady reiner, and the Bob's lady and Bob's lightweight are),but not sure where the Corrientes would fit in as far as weight.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Corrientes are beautiful, but I am concerned about weight. Anyone know anything about the Circle Y Flex Lite?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I was going to suggest big horn. I also currently have a fabtron that is really lightweight and comfy

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Amp23, which Fabtron do you have? The Lady Trail looks nice. I'm reading more reviews about Corrientes, too, and they seem to have a loyal fan base.

·
Registered
13,661 Posts
Anyone have any insight into the best light-weight Western saddles? I have an older (15 years old) Big Horn synthetic that I really like, but would like to replace. Needs to be FQH bars. Ideas? Thanks.
If you like BigHorn, why not go back to them, they still make most of the same models they used to in the synthetics....

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I'm not sure what it is, I'll look at it Sunday. Here's a picture of it.

It reminded me a lot of the big horns that I use at work (use them for trail rides, etc on a daily basis) and they've held up well. So far I'm loving my fabtron too.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.