The Horse Forum banner

Best ride ever!

279 12
That's how I end almost every ride. "That was the best ride ever!". I just love to say that, and today just WAS the best ride ever. Just out in the woods, trotting and cantering where appropriate, talking with a friend, seeing gorgeous scenery. Even had a short hand gallop with a tiny exuberance buck thrown in for good luck! It's so darn good to be alive and riding again! I just wanted to shout it to the digital mountain tops!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Tiny I'm soo happy for you! The fact that you've got back to riding is great. I didn't have the best ride ever but, this week I too had a super ride. Ki had a little extra energy with the cool weather so we rode it off. Walk, trot, lope and galloped all over the pastures. Got an hour and a half of practicing transitions both up and down. It was a lot of fun and she was a sweaty mess when we were done. Took a lot of cool down time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know there's not much to say on this 'thread'. I just had the impulse to share my joy, while I"m basking in it.

The Zen buddhist monk Thich Nhat Hahn , who wrote about mindfulness in many short but eminantly readable books, said something that really impressed me. He said that if you feel happiness, it's important to say it, even out loud. That happiness comes into being when we speak its name. If you say, " I feel happy!" , you will very likely start to feel happiness. Using it's name brings it into being.

Zen Buddhist master who rubbed shoulders with Martin Luther King and Oprah dies at 95

Registered
I know there's not much to say on this 'thread'. I just had the impulse to share my joy, while I"m basking in it.

The Zen buddhist monk Thich Nhat Hahn , who wrote about mindfulness in many short but eminantly readable books, said something that really impressed me. He said that if you feel happiness, it's important to say it, even out loud. That happiness comes into being when we speak its name. If you say, " I feel happy!" , you will very likely start to feel happiness. Using it's name brings it into being.

Zen Buddhist master who rubbed shoulders with Martin Luther King and Oprah dies at 95
So true! A positive outlook brings positive actions. I use to have a very good friend who , thru the power of suggestion let others effect him. If someone told him in the morning he didn't look good by 10:00 coffee he'd be sick. I prefer your " I feel happy" therefore I will be happy.

Registered
That's how I end almost every ride. "That was the best ride ever!". I just love to say that, and today just WAS the best ride ever. Just out in the woods, trotting and cantering where appropriate, talking with a friend, seeing gorgeous scenery. Even had a short hand gallop with a tiny exuberance buck thrown in for good luck! It's so darn good to be alive and riding again! I just wanted to shout it to the digital mountain tops!
Hugs!!!

Premium Member
That's so awesome tiny! It's great to have a place to share great rides isn't it? For some reason, my non-horsey husband doesn't show the same enthousiasm as my fellow horse people when I tell him all about my rides... lol

The best thing about this sport is that we can keep doing it for our entire lives and it only gets better!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts