Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I just sold my saddle because it was too big for me. Although I don't need a new saddle at the moment (I need to save the money for my trip to Germany!) I will be in search of a new saddle until I get another one (so addicting :wink:). I have a long femur and I prefer my stirrups short, and even though my butt fits into a 17 my knees are often going over the edge of the flap. Especially in the 17 in HDR saddle I usually use for lessons.

My question is, which saddles tend to have a more forward flap? I have seen Ainsleys and Berney Bros saddles that look to have a more forward flap, but I am wondering which other saddles tend to fit a longer thigh more easily.

Also, I have been on the look out for 17 and 17.5 in saddles. My friend has a 17.5 County Eventing saddle and now a gorgeous new 17.5 CWD, and I fit in both well (Psh, wayyyy out of my price range though). Should I ditch the idea of a 17 and look for a 17.5 to fit my leg?

I know a lot of you will say it depends on what my horse needs, but I don't have one. I have leased horses and I take lessons but I don't have a horse of my own and I don't see myself having one in the next few years because of college and starting my career. It's nice to have a saddle when riding a friend's horse or taking lessons at a barn that has terrible lesson saddles. When I do get a horse, I will get a saddle fitted for him. But in the meantime, I'd like to have a saddle that fits a variety of horses and me well.

Thank you guys!
Laura

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.