Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am looking for recommendations for stirrups. I would prefer a good looking stirrup with nice grip and comfort in mind. I
will be showing the jumpers on the Ontario A Circuit (starting from 0.9m classes and working my way up higher), so the stirrups need to be legal in shows. I will be riding 6 days a week in them so they need to be able to last.

I've been looking online and I particularly like the looks of the Jin, Lorenzini, and Royal Riders. I was wondering if any of you have had experience riding in these stirrups (or any others!) and what your thoughts are on them.
*Side note* If there are any good jump stirrups that will also work for the equitation ring that you particularly like, please let me know. EQ stirrups aren't my top priority though :smile: ...just trying to kill two birds with one stone!

Overall, I'm looking for a legal to show in, durable, innovative, and smart looking stirrup to show and ride in. Please let me know your thoughts on this!

Thanks a bunch :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I love my Royal Riders. Haven't tried the others.
I just bought a knock off pair, but haven't tried them yet, might tomorrow.

The royal rivers are lightweight, your foot stays on them always, they are flexible. I showed eq in them, but rules change, not sure if they are still legal or not. I used them for at least 5 years, but I haven't used that saddle for a while, I'm sure they still have a ton of life left in them.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I have been looking at stirrups as well and Jin is at the top of my list. I obsessed over the Lorenzinis until I found a bunch of reviews saying that the paint starts chipping off of them almost immediately after use and before long, they look terrible. But if you like the Lorenzinis, I would take a look at the American Equus line. I REALLY like the look and options of their stirrups and similar, if not better quality, than the Lorenzinis. The AE and Jins are at the top of my list, but I like the look of the AE's more than the Jins.

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been looking at stirrups as well and Jin is at the top of my list. I obsessed over the Lorenzinis until I found a bunch of reviews saying that the paint starts chipping off of them almost immediately after use and before long, they look terrible. But if you like the Lorenzinis, I would take a look at the American Equus line. I REALLY like the look and options of their stirrups and similar, if not better quality, than the Lorenzinis. The AE and Jins are at the top of my list, but I like the look of the AE's more than the Jins.
I looked online and the American Equus ones are so beautiful! My local tack store just got a restock of Jins though, so I reckon I will pop over on the weekend to pick up a pair of silver ones (that will it will work in both jumper AND eq rings!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.