The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Voodoo, Gypsy Vanner weanling; Malmsey, 15 yo arabxwelsh
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Welp, I was horseless for 3 years and I just couldn't bring myself to touch my old pony's gear. Now, I have two ponies and have taken the bridle apart twice to really scrub at it. I still can't seem to get all of the gunk off? My previous pony sweated like no other. I am currently using Moss Melts-away and Moss lavender soap. Any other suggestions? I also have tried a toothbrush and honestly, my fingernail seems to be scraping away at it all the best, which I would prefer not to do. Any tips would be appreciated! I would really like my old bridle to shine again.

·
Super Moderator
10,042 Posts
I buy old, cruddy tack from pawn shops or garage sales if I know the quality is good and the seller doesn't realize it.

I often have to start with glycerine/saddle soap and then take a putty knife to it to get the old sweat and grime off.

I'll try Castile soap sometime.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had best results vigorous scrubbing with a stiff plastic bristle brushes dawn dish soap and water just wipe down with shop towels to take excess moisture off the surface and IMMEDIATELY apply liberall amounts of your preferred rejuvenant

1 - 5 of 5 Posts