The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recommendations for best way to clean my English saddle (with doeskin knee rolls), without saddle soap? IS there a safe way that won't damage the saddle? (Silly question -- I'm just outta saddle soap, and I'd like to clean it for sale). Any recommendations greatly appreciated!

Stubben Siegried Krefeld / Made in Germany (Classic)

Attachments

·
Registered
14,225 Posts
Wipe it down with a damp sponge, wrung almost dry. That will get 90% of dust and grime off. You could use a suede brush and a little vinegar water to clean the knee rolls. Really, it looks like the smooth leather needs oil more than cleaning.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Damp sponge, or just a touch of good ol' bar castile soap, then wipe off and go over with a sponge. But really, unless there is visible dried mud on it, and it doesn't look like that's the case, a damp sponge should do the trick. Rub on a little leather dressing to bring up the shine if you want, and it should be good to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wipe it down with a damp sponge, wrung almost dry. That will get 90% of dust and grime off. You could use a suede brush and a little vinegar water to clean the knee rolls. Really, it looks like the smooth leather needs oil more than cleaning.
Thank you for your replies/suggestions! Most appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damp sponge, or just a touch of good ol' bar castile soap, then wipe off and go over with a sponge. But really, unless there is visible dried mud on it, and it doesn't look like that's the case, a damp sponge should do the trick. Rub on a little leather dressing to bring up the shine if you want, and it should be good to go.
Thank you for your replies/suggestions! Most appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.