The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEYOND excited!!!!

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  paintluver 
#1 ·
Ok first off I have to say OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I found my mare!!!!

Phew, now that that's out here's the back story haha. I'm going to keep it as short and sweet as possible.

I got my first horse in 2003. She was a AQHA mare that I quickly fell in love with. She has great reining and cutting lines (at least on her sire's side- here's her pedigree if anyone cares http://http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/playgirls+got+blues) and that is exactly what I intended to do with her. Maybe two years after I got her she started to have front end problems. It was difficult for her to spin and she was often very stiff when she was first out of her stall. Nothing we tried worked and it quickly turned into me never riding. My trainer bred her stud to her and had a very cute little filly. After a year and a half of stall rest and just walking, Blue was no better. My vet eventually suggested we put her down because he didn't know what to do. Luckily, my aunt and uncle offered to take her to their ranch for retirement. It got ugly, they got mad at us over the mares condition...that I wont go into, it doesn't matter.

The biggest thing is this, after giving Blue up in early 2008 I got ONE update on her. She was my absolute baby, i loved her so much so this killed me. My aunt stopped sending updates after fighting with my mom. Last night though I finally sent her an email (I tried once before with no reply) asking to simply know if they had my mare and if she was ok. THEY DO! AND I'M GETTING PICTURES AGAIN!

I'm so excited, I've thought about her so much over the last couple years! So when I get the pics I may try to post them here. Until then here are a couple from when I owned her!

^ pretty sure she's a little preggers in this pic

^With her filly, Maya

Ok I'll stop now haha. Thanks for looking!

See less See more
#2 ·
Glad you have appeared to fix relations with your aunt. She is a very cute mare. You are lucky have someone to take her when she was not sound anymore.

Silly question - why would you breed a mare that is not sound for reasons you do not know why she is not sound?
I can not imagine making a horse that is not comfortable carry the extra weight of a foal just to give her a purpose while she is on stall rest.

#3 ·
Realized this question would probably come up, but not until afterI hit send...

Not that this makes it ok but I was 15 at the time and my parents were not horsey people. My vet (who I am not happy with now that I know better) said that giving her a year off to do nothing and rest would be good for her and that being pregnant was a great way to fill that time. He told us there was nothing wrong with her and that with some rest she'd be great! My trainer loved her temperment, confo, breeding and had a stud that was a great match. So she breed leased my mare and then came Maya. I don't recommend it to anyone.

#4 ·
What was the cause of her lameness issue?

You are so lucky to have an Aunt who would take on your mare when you were looking to get rid of her. What a blessing.
Hopefully now that you are a little older you can so your Aunt how grateful you are that they came through in your mare's time of need.

#5 ·
My aunt's vet has confirmed it's Navicular. Some how my vet totally overlooked that how ever. Before the flaming begins, yes breeding a mare with navicular is a bad idea but like I said at the time my vet said it WASN'T navicular.

I am very thankful my aunt took my mare, because it means my mare got a second chance at life.

#7 ·
Thanks,I loved her eyes too!! She was an absolute sweetie with me which was also great about her.

I feel bad for thinking my aunt wouldve gotten rid of we now that I have learned all they've done for her. It's good to be back in contact, just waiting on pics now :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.