The Horse Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 18 year old grey Arabian gelding has vitiligo - has had it since he was 10. However, super recently I noticed that she has little light(er) coloured spots randomly all over his body. They look like something called, 'Bird Catcher Spots', but I wasn't aware that it could occur on greys - or maybe it is just less obvious. On his body, the look like small slightly raised patches of fur - but it might just look raised due to the pink skin underneath... I feel like they came out of the blue.

Thoughts? Anyone with any experiences with this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 18 year old grey Arabian gelding has vitiligo - has had it since he was 10. However, super recently I noticed that she has little light(er) coloured spots randomly all over his body. They look like something called, 'Bird Catcher Spots', but I wasn't aware that it could occur on greys - or maybe it is just less obvious. On his body, the look like small slightly raised patches of fur - but it might just look raised due to the pink skin underneath... I feel like they came out of the blue.

Thoughts? Anyone with any experiences with this?
I have known of bird catcher spots. They are normally no bigger than a fingertip in size and can appear randomly on a horse's coat and on any coat colour. They can appear at any age, and have been known to move or disappear at any age. I hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts