The Horse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use a rubber bit for Pony. He likes it, but he tends to chew it up so I end up buying a couple of them a year. I was looking for another one and everyone was sold out. I finally found a place to order it from. In talking to this place, I learned that many bits are currently in short supply due to shortages of rubber and metal. I thought this was really interesting, so I thought I'd pass it on. If you're shopping for a new bit, this may impact you.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Probably sitting on a container ship, wedged in the Suez Canal.

Seriously, supply chains are completely messed up on just about anything you can think of. We waited three months to get a freezer. My brother's international business has great sales, but can't get components to build his product, so can't fill the orers.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The horse chews the bit up? I wouldn't think that's a good thing. Or is that normal for rubber bits & they're made with non-toxic rubber?
as far as i know yes it is safe for the horse chew it as long as they aren't tearing off huge chunks (Hard to do since it thick also plastics like rubber if i remember correctly). i actually looking into buying one a year or so ago and couldn't find any.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do not get a Tom Thumb bit I used it not knowing and even I was doing soft hand and it made my horse side of her mouth bleed from her fighting it an pulling

·
Registered
787 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts