The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,794 Posts
I think he voted himself off the island! I missed the actual events but I'm glad to see he's still sharing tid bits of information...

Although, I must say that I am very confused as to how a 63 year old man thinks he's going to learn some "manners".... I mean, I've always thought that the older you get... the more ornery you get... :wink:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
That was a good article , I have been searching for a billy allen bit as my horses are ridden in 3 piece snaffle or full cheek snaffles. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
I've seen similar articles (not this one though), and completely agree. I rode highly trained reining horse and several cutting horses and all did perfectly well in snaffle and even in just a halter (I mean actual work, not just cantering around :) ). Most trainers I know prefer to use snaffle to start, then you can progress to the other bits as horse is getting more training under the belt.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
OoOOoOoOooo Farmpony!

Rios, thanks for sharing that article, a great read and I wish people who believe they need certain bits because of blah blah blah reasons...would come to realize that it isn't the bit.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.