The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come to sell my old saddle and focus on my new horse. Djinn and Ahab, the horses my saddle fit, have both dropped off the twig, and this beautiful saddle is just sitting here, gathering dust.

It is not a very well-known saddle; it is a black Rhino built by Dave Genadek of About the Horse. It is his #2 tree, and is a Reiner with a 15" seat. Here is what he says about the #2 bars:

Our number 2 bar is designed for a horse with a well sprung rib cage and a gentle
curve to the top line. We once called this our Arab bar. It has more twist and
rock than the #1 bar. (#1 is what he calls his Quarter horse bars).
Here is a link to his website:

About The Horse Home Page

And here is the saddle:

DSC_9145.jpg

DSC_9156.jpg .

It is an older saddle, built in November of 1999, and it weighs about 33#. I used it every time I rode, both on my Arabian and on my Percheron, and it is so comfortable you totally forget it is even there.

Anyway, I haven't sat in it since Ahab left, which was several years ago now, and it is driving DH crazy just sitting there in the living room, so... it is for sale.

PM me for contact information...

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why yes, as a matter of fact, it is! I truly love this saddle, but there is no way it will comfortably fit my Haflinger. I thought of changing horses... but now I like my Haflinger more. I think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would you mind sending me the serial number? It tells seat size, tree, etc., in it's numbers. I'm looking for one for a Quarter horse mare. I have a haflinger too, but after much searching, have a Cashel Trail (made by Martin saddlery) that fits his short back and wide shoulders very well. [email protected] (I'm new to this forum, so I'm not sure how to PM you.)

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the Saddle it reads: RE 2 3515R PL

that is on the little tag that can keep the latigo end, right below this awesome rhino head with red eyes... I love it!

...and on the paperwork, it reads:

RE2 3.5 15R PL 1999-32

Reiner #2 Tree 15" Seat

·
Registered
48,814 Posts
I am looking for something similar with a #3 tree, and a 16inch seat.

it's lovely. Can I inquire as to how much you are asking?

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure tinyliny... I asked $1500.00 After looking at Dave's site and talking to a dealer or two, I think it is actually worth more, but realistically, I don't think it will bring more. But I am not a good tack-trader: I may have priced it wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, tinyliny.

I saw Dave at Equine Affaire in 1999 and totally fell in love with his saddles. I like the feel of a dressage-type seat, but was doing so much riding in traffic and rocky hills, that I wanted something harder to fall out of than my Kieffer Aachen. This saddle totally fit the bill, and sat on my horse so well! Djinn loved going out. When he saw me get the saddle and bridle, he would ***** his ears, trot on over... come back 15 miles later with his ears still happy and with a prance in his step. It's the kind of saddle that you totally forget about once you are riding, it's that comfy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your Black Rhino Reiner

Hi - I'm looking for a Dave Genadek #2 bar saddle. Saw this post and wondering if you still have your Black Rhino saddle for sale? If so, could you please contact me asap I am a serious buyer. Thank you, Sher

moderators note:

this member's personal contact info was posted, and then removed by moderators. We do not allow the posting of personal emails and phone numbers on the open forum, to protect you privacy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The time has come to sell my old saddle and focus on my new horse. Djinn and Ahab, the horses my saddle fit, have both dropped off the twig, and this beautiful saddle is just sitting here, gathering dust.

It is not a very well-known saddle; it is a black Rhino built by Dave Genadek of About the Horse. It is his #2 tree, and is a Reiner with a 15" seat. Here is what he says about the #2 bars:

Our number 2 bar is designed for a horse with a well sprung rib cage and a gentle
curve to the top line. We once called this our Arab bar. It has more twist and
rock than the #1 bar. (#1 is what he calls his Quarter horse bars).
Here is a link to his website:

About The Horse Home Page

And here is the saddle:

View attachment 957591

View attachment 957593 .

It is an older saddle, built in November of 1999, and it weighs about 33#. I used it every time I rode, both on my Arabian and on my Percheron, and it is so comfortable you totally forget it is even there.

Anyway, I haven't sat in it since Ahab left, which was several years ago now, and it is driving DH crazy just sitting there in the living room, so... it is for sale.

PM me for contact information...
If you still have this saddle, I will buy it!

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, I am sorry, the saddle did sell! It went out to California, where I believe it is seeing a lot of riding! I truly did love that saddle.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Hi - I'm looking for a Dave Genadek #2 bar saddle. Saw this post and wondering if you still have your Black Rhino saddle for sale? If so, could you please contact me asap . I am a serious buyer. Thank you, Sher
How did I miss this? The saddle was already sold when you inquired, but I feel badly that I did not see this before today and so did not respond. I apologize!

Mod note: personal contact info removed as per forum rules.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.