The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i know draft crosses are hefty and what not, but this guy is actually not bad. Really well broke, been used as a ranch horse, english and western, done some free jumping, trail riding.

Name: Czar

Breed: Percheron/Quarter Horse

Height: 16.1hands tall

Here is his dream horse add DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1492561 - Czar

she said he is really athletic and fast and likes to go, he isnt your typical draft. Let me know what ya think.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
He's gorgeous!! I love his feathering!!! I have to say that in photos of different horses, you can really tell if a horse is tall, but it's sure hard to tell/see that he's actually 16.1. He looks smaller. He's stunning though. Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got some more pics! She did say that his height is a guess.... so guess i would just have to go out there and find out for myself.:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my only fear wiht him being a draft cross, is that he is a draft, and i like to barrel race (not competitivly) but at pladays and jackpots. The owner said he is fast and likes to go, but im still not sure. For this reason i think the sorrel gelding i showed on here ( http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/another-potential-horse-41192/ ) would be better. but if it works out right i will go try them both and then whatever one would work better i would take on a trial.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Dang...If he were closer, and I were looking, I would steal him out from under you in a heartbeat!!! Moihahaha!!! He is a little longer in back, but otherwise, I love his build, he's got a great soft kind expression, and I LOVE his dark\black bay\Brown color :D
He is VERY typical in build as far as how Perch\QH type horses look; which is why I love them so much. They are large enough for most people to ride, have nice athletic build, and tend to be really easy to work with.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
lol mom2pride, good thing your not closer. Well i just worry about him not being able to do what i want to do (barrels) but if it works out right, ill go look at both. Is it me or in some pics does he almost looke like a fresian lol.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Wow! I absolutely love him.. he looks very friendly, beautiful, nice size, everything about him! For sure go and try him out x)
PS: in some of the piccys, he kind of does look like a friesian ;D

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
He's cute. I am not crazy about his confo, it says to me that he will probably ride rough but I could be wrong. Go ahead and go for it, if you ride him and like him, then go from there.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Are taller, heavier horses able to do well enough at barrels? He is beautiful, but I think you may be right about worrying he will not be able to do what you need him for.

Now, me, I'm just looking a for a trail horse.... but he's way too far away for me :wink:.

Did she say if anyone has tried to run him on barrel patterns before?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.