The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with this nasty weather I think my little girl needs some help. Do I just find a foal sized blanket or..? Ive never blanketed a horse before. She is a May '09 baby and an Arab.
Thank you

·
Registered
81 Posts
You will probably need a fairly small one. Check sstack.com they have some great foal blankets, and can help with the sizing as well. Fast shipment and I love their stuff!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would she still be classified as a foal? They look itty bitty. lol. There is a person selling on is SD, but I dont know about the size...
Kensington Foal Blanket
I did like this one on the site, does the light/stock foal size sound right?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Would she still be classified as a foal? They look itty bitty. lol. There is a person selling on is SD, but I dont know about the size...
Kensington Foal Blanket
I did like this one on the site, does the light/stock foal size sound right?
Mine was pretty adjustable. I think that the light/stock one would work. If you get it from SS tack, they also have a great exchange policy. About how big is your baby?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
How tall is she?

My May '09 filly is about 14hh right now and she's in a 64". She's a TB/Oldenburg, so probably a good bit bigger than your girl.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really don't know measurements. Here is a picture next to my 13.3-14h pony mare. She isn't a newborn but shes not very big, espeically compared to the stocky qh or warmblood!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
It's a tough call.. you're probably better off just measuring her and see what size she really is. Then get the blanket a size bigger so she'll grow into it and you won't have to get a new one before the end of the winter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.