The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed that my mare has small blisters on the lower part of her eye lid (inner rim). She has blue eyes and pink skin around the blistered eye. She wears a long fly mask because he nose blisters as well and she's out in a field in the summer. I think she's protected when her fly mask is on, but I don't know what to do when I ride because I don't want to put sunscreen in her eye. The blisters must have come up in two days that she didn't have a mask on When I couldn't find it. I've looked at fly masks for riding but haven't seen any that have UV protection. Is there anything I can do? This is the first time this has ever happened and I have had her for 2 years. Should I be doing anything more?
Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hope you find a good mask for her :) Sunburn is no petite thing when you have a fair skinned horse .-.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
452 Posts
I put sunscreen on my pinks skinned mare. Something safe for babies. I get a big glop of it in my hand and rub it all over her face. Muzzle, around her eyes, chin, and over the scar on her nose. Anywhere pink that shows gets globed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.