The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BO Chains Her Horses

13K views 96 replies 40 participants last post by  farmpony84 
#1 ·
At the barn I am currently boarding at, the BO is in the habit of chaining her horses to the wall in their stalls on a pretty short chain, and then just leaving them like that all day, even when she goes out.

It's not that she's tacking or washing or grooming... she just has them standing there chained all day. These horses never get turned out because "they're showhorses".

I have never seen a barn do this sort of thing to any horse.

Opinions? Ideas?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
She only does this to her own horses. My horse gets all day turnout, and there isn't even a chain in his stall. She's actually been taking pretty good care of my horse.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Of course I would move my horse out before doing anything!

She feeds them well and keeps their stalls clean. I haven't noticed any sores or injuries. They're just a bit lethargic, which isn't surprising since they never go out.

Discussion starter · #13 · (Edited)
Starline and Kevin, bear in mind that she keeps them chained up like that all day, every day. And these horses do not ever get turned out — I don't think she even turns them out in the indoor ring.

They do seem stiff and dull, and one in particular gets very frustrated. I will check the bedding tomorrow.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Tomorrow I will check the bedding, and look more closely to see if there are any scratches or other marks on the horses.

I am aware of how nutty BOs can get when things don't go their way — trust me, if I report her, my horse will be miles from her barn!

Thanks to everyone who posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.