The Horse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am looking forward to buy the BOA HOOF BOOTS by Easycare Inc for my horse, would like to hear some reviews and thoughts about them. I am ONLY asking those, who had bought/tried the boots themselves please. I really want to hear about YOUR experience about using the BOA boots, what you liked, disliked, how you used them, what did you use them for, maybe any problems arising, why you hated them, why you loved them, etc.
Will be happy to see ANY useful reviews, thanks.:runpony:

·
Registered
11,302 Posts
EasyCare stopped making the Boas. If you go to their website, that may still have some size 0 and size 1's in stock.

I think they weren't popular with serious trail riders because the wires stretch.

I love them and still have a couple pair. I used them with half pads on my foundered horse for four years. They are in the horse closet, in case the aluminum rocker shoes the vet put on the horse don't work any better than the boots.

As far as using them for an Rx boot, I give them five stars, which is why I am upset EasyCare stopped making them. Even the specialty farrier was impressed with them.

As far as a trail boot, I can't say.

Reactions: Valerie Chumak

·
Registered
11,302 Posts
I did send one pair back for repair for a broken wire when they were fairly new.

I know the wires stretch over time.

One of their reps suggested the new Easy Boot Trails as a replacement for the Boas.

I still have 2 pairs of Boas. The body of the boots hold up very well so it will be awhile before I have to worry about new boots:)

I do not recommend "Hoofwings". Those were the biggest waste of my money ever.

They sored my horse and my vet told me to throw them in the garbage. They may be okay in mild hoof sore circumstances but they were bloody expensive and a huge waste in my horse's case.

Reactions: Valerie Chumak
1 - 5 of 5 Posts