The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering what was expected from Boarding as in New Zealand we do things alot different it seems, well at least to my knowledge. Im just very interested, in what facilities you have available, what you expect your BO to do etc? Thanks :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I board at a very small facility, there's room for 14 horses. Each horse has their own large turnout with a shelter or a stall depending on what pen they're in, with the exception of the BO horses, hers are stalled at night with a small run out and they go out to a large pasture to share during the day.
Stalls get cleaned once a day, paddocks are picked daily around shelters and gates, and twice a week everywhere else. water tubs are scrubbed once a week.
I clean the stalls and paddock in exchange for board. They supply hay, they give your horse as much as needed. We supply our own grain. I mix grain into ziplock baggies, then it goes in a bucket on a shelf by the hay. This way whoever is feeding just grabs a bag for each horse. Each paddock/stall is numbered. There are numbers on each bag corresponding with each horse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.