The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for you boarders out there what do you pay to keep your horse stabled. What is included in the price.....

I board at ThoroGold Stables and my horse gets fed twice a day and stalls are cleaned everyday and we have a indoor/outdoor riding arena and trails around the property. Lucky for me I work at the barn as well so I only pay 275 a month..... I also get the biggest area for my collection of horse stuff...hehe....it never ends

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
I pay 165 for turn out. He gets fed 2x a day. There's a tack room and dressage arena.

I desperately need to move, unfortunatly Im poor lol

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I pay $75 for pasture. It includes grain and hay when needed. I clean 5 stalls 3 days a week. I help work the horses. Traded my laptop for lessons. She helps me with training when she can.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
i think i pay around 400 dollars a month for my horse to be kept in an outdoor stall at ngiht, then let out into the pasture in the morning. it includes feed twice a day, and grain once a day, with mineral. we have a locker for our stuff, and an indoor outtdoor arena, and acess to the cross country course out back. and a wash bay and stuff like that :p

·
Registered
184 Posts
I pay $420 a month for unlimited hay fed 2x a day (I have to buy the feed) and stalled at night. there is a jumping field and an indoor arena I also have a locker. I pay extra for my supplements but I help muck out the barn when I can so some money comes off board.

·
Registered
566 Posts
$150/each for a paddock with a lean-to with daily turnout, this includes hay and grain. And for my other 2 I pay $175/each for stalling with daily turnout which includes grain and hay.

We have 5 and I think we are finally going to be renting a place where we can keep everyone right there with us and we will save a lot, hubby's idea. He wants to take care of them.

But I have to say where they are they all get fantastic care for the cost!

·
Registered
368 Posts
$275-
Stalled at night, stalls cleaned everyday, unlimited hay, grain 2x a day, minerals/ salt available when he is inside, turnout during the day. Indoor arena, outdoor arena, hacking paths, xc course.
I love my barn!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Stalls SHOULD be cleaned EVERYDAY no matter what you pay! If not, then Id move my horses ASAP!

·
Registered
523 Posts
€100 per week, full livery. everything is done for me, including horse being exercised if I can't get to ride him. I was also supposed to be getting two lessons per month, but that's been rescinded due to the rise in prices of hay and straw. There's an indoor arena to ride in.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
pay $310 per month
daily turnout in big pasture 9+hrs/day
come in at night to a 12X12 [some are bigger] stall
grain & hay [as much as you want] 2Xs/day
indoor, outdoor, jump field [own jumps not BOs] & TONS of trails
they will do meds, but wont blanket
stalls cleaned every day
they also drag the indoor & outdoor [when usable] about 5days a week

i used to board at a barn where you had to clean your own stall, it was a great facility at only $200/month & i loved it

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
$425 a month for up to five flakes of hay daily (my gelding gets 4), grain and supplements fed, stalls cleaned once daily, nightly turn out unless the weather is inclement, in which case they try to turn him out during the day or the next morning. They blanket for free, we have a rodeo-sized arena and jump course, round pen, hot walker, outdoor wash racks and two air conditioned tack rooms. His stall is 13x15. There are additional costs for things like exercising your horse, more hay, and problem horses. There are trails maybe ten minutes down the road on horseback.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
$275-
Stalled at night, stalls cleaned everyday, unlimited hay, grain 2x a day, minerals/ salt available when he is inside, turnout during the day. Indoor arena, outdoor arena, hacking paths, xc course.
I love my barn!

Good lord thats cheap! Do you live in like montana or something?!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I pay 150 per horse, all the hay and grain they need. Straw is also provided for the stalls/shelters. I feed 3x a month and the lady i rent from does 4x. They get fed/ hayed once a day. There is a 5 acre and 2 acre paddock. Barn over hang and two stalls for shelter. Nothing too fancy, they live outside 24/7. No ring, but I currently dont ride so I dont need one.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I pay $400 per month for a 14x14 stall with dutch door. Horses are out as much as possible and come in during bad weather. Stalls are cleaned once a day. Grain & hay 2x day. Indoor & outdoor, tons of trails, wash stall with hot water & heat lamp. Blanketing & supplements as needed when provided by the owner. Also includes a weekly group lesson. Discounts if you allow your horse to be used in lessons. Owner/trainer lives onsite.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I pay $35 a month, but I have to do everything myself, which is buy feed, hay, bedding, etc. The people at the barn feed breakfast though so I don't go out in the mornings. The horses are all turned out daily though by the one who gets to the barn first. The barn is owned by the town I live in, not by someone in particular. I have access whenever I want to 4 decent size pastures, a huge ourdoor arena, and a roundpen is currently being built now. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I pay $1,100 a month. It includes...
- grain 2x a day
- stall mucked 1x a day
- hay 3x a day
- 4 hours a day of grass turnout, weather permitting
- blanketing as necessary
- have access to the whole stable (wash stalls, riding rings, tack room, laundry room, etc.)

If I wanted to pay $2,000 a month it would include all the above plus...
- horse being groomed and tacked up for me
- horse being untacked and cooled out for me
- horse being groomed 1x a day even if I don't ride
- legs, ears, nose, and bridle path clipped 1x a week
- laundry (pads, blankets, etc.) done for me

Other stables around here offer the second boarding option only (full board as opposed to rough board.) Their prices vary from $1,650-$3,000 a month.

I live in the Hamptons btw, haha. If you're all wondering why prices are outrageous.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I pay nearly $700 per month.
In NJ, that's not unreasonable. That being FULL board. It includes;
hay 3X daily, 10x12 stall mucked 2x daily,hot/cold water wash stalls, grooming stalls, heated tack-rooms, full daylight 7 day turnout (mine is private, he's not herd social) clean tested filtered water (not ground mud in a bucket)
Heated outdoor bathroom (no porta-johns!), indoor ring, outdoor ring, dressage ring, 1 mile stone-dust track, 50 acres trails on property, 500+ acres trails connected to the property, private trailer parking, stone dust parking lot and property,All staff/owners live on property, the list gets longer,and they are consistent with proper and responsible
care. They administer ALL meds for you, grain 1x daily, etc... Only the best for my buddy...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I charge $325 for a stall, all day turn out (weather permitting), strategy twice a day and 10-12lbs of hay in their stalls, outdoor arena with jumps (lights coming soon), custom 50' round pen, 2 wash stalls.. Newly renovated and beautiful tack room if I do say so myself :eek:) Oh and I also include farrier (trims) every 6-8 weeks.

When I have lights, a bathroom and my entry gate put in my board is going up to $375.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Before I sold Lola, this was what I had for $150 a month, pasture board:

*Unlimited Hay
*Twice Daily Grain
*Giant Pasture
*Many Pairs of Eyes Watching Out for my Horse.

As far as riding goes:

*One giant paddock with a few jumps, poles, etc.
*Round pen
*Lots of Trails
*The "Trail Course" Obstacle Run-Through. (An endurance/competitive trail barn, so it's a nice feature.)

And storage:

*A Saddle Rack of Your Very Own
*Assigned Spot for Grooming Box
*Two Racks for Halter/Bridle
*Blanket Racks

As far as horse care:

*Automatic Waterers
*Heated Indoor Grooming Rack
*One Outside Too
*Free Access to Apples :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status