The Horse Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
I noticed that too! I like your idea of adding it to MM&T. There are lots of good books out there to talk about, it would be nice to have a place for them on the forum.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
442 Posts
I would love a section about books! I have sat up and read tons of books that were so good i couldnt stop until they were done. Lol i can read 1000 pages in 14 hours. lol. Any suggestions for me to read?

·
Registered
442 Posts
lol im totally a book hoarder, the closest library promised that they would hold all the books they were going to throw away for me. i hate seeing books get thrown away, i have 20 shelves of books in my room alone lol. I give them away often to people who like to read

Reactions: WSArabians

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
lol im totally a book hoarder, the closest library promised that they would hold all the books they were going to throw away for me. i hate seeing books get thrown away, i have 20 shelves of books in my room alone lol. I give them away often to people who like to read
I like to read... ;)

Ive only got three bookshelves full in my room, and I've read them all. When i get my own place I plan to have a library. Or, at least, many many bookshelves.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have probably over 1000 books in my home... :eek:
My mom finally broke down and got me a kobo... so now I currently carry 921 books with me at all times. :D

·
Registered
442 Posts
I had a kindle but my eyes would hurt when reading on it so i gave it away. lol that was stupid but it was better then getting constant headaches. im not sure how many books but i know its over 1000.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I had a kindle but my eyes would hurt when reading on it so i gave it away. lol that was stupid but it was better then getting constant headaches. im not sure how many books but i know its over 1000.

Me too - I'm one of 'those people' that would rather have the physical book in my hands. Nothing against Kindles, it's great technology, I just like my books. (Not to mention I don't have to worry about my book's battery running out, dropping it, forgetting it in the car, getting wet, if it gets stolen I didn't just lose 900 books, etc)

How do we know what the mods think about the suggestion?

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was very against kindles/kobos.
I still prefer a real book, but I have to admit, when I was stuck in the hospital, it was the best invention ever.
I'm not sure how we'll know... I think they'll either post here or we'll just see "book" edited in there? :? lol

·
Super Moderator
26,699 Posts
I like the idea! I like it... I'm for it... I love to read....

·
Registered
442 Posts
you all might not like my kind of books, im into dare i say it... the paranormal stuff :oops: like the riley jenson novels, i just cant get enough of them!

of course i read all kinds of stuff tho not just those books.

·
Registered
48,974 Posts
I always loved that Captain Picard, in the 23rd century, still had real books on the Starship Enterprise.

I love the feel of a book. I probably wont' ever fully convert to E readers. But, since I now have an ipad and really love it, I shall try to be open minded.

I just finished reading "The Thousand Autumns of Jacob De Zoet", about the Dutch traders in Japan in about 1800. Wierd book.

Next up: "The Big Necessity" , non -fiction about the history of how humans have dealt with their most intimate, and problamatic , by product.

·
Registered
442 Posts
i like fast paced full of action books, and once in a while i like a romance.
Dean koontz is alright once in a while, lauren rice is good. love cesar millan. The mercy thompson series was the BOMB haha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts