Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tough discussion.

For my birthday my mom will either but me half chaps or new paddock boots....wich ones.......i will get to chose.....but if i get one i will but the others mine rite now look like they were eaten!

I was looking at the Ariat heritage paddock boot and some Ariat chaps..any other affordable and comfy ones??

·
Registered
123 Posts
I wear Ariat Women’s Cobalt XR Devon Pro zip up paddock boots. They were about $150

and Equi Grip Suede Half Chaps (not for showing, obviously) for $33
Equi Grip Suede Half Chaps: Saddles Tack Horse Supplies - ChickSaddlery.com

I paid around $90 for my full leather Ariat Classic II Leather Half Chaps that I haven't worn yet because they are still too tight on my calf (I'm trying to slim down).

Boots cost more, so more cost effective to get those as a gift.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ ohh those are nice boots!!!! im thinking of leather half chaps cuz i have suede rite now and they get dusty fast!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are there other good boots..... I'm Cinda new to the horse world. My last pair of boots lasted a year and a half they were some random brand. My half chaps are suede araiats they have a ruffled back. They coated me around $90.00 us dollars. My mom has agree to get me the boots I want. I need a pair that can go through stalls wood brush.. At the barn I am runnng jumping riding teaching and in the summer who knows what. I'm curiouser to know what you ride in and like. I would lve photos too..

Thanks
SG

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Mountain Horse has some pretty good boots. I use their tall boots, but those can be a bit expensive and I don't like to use them for barn work because I just love them too darn much to put them through muck (I use them for riding only). Although I have a pair of Ariat somethingorother paddock boots and a pair of Muck brand boots now (I didn't know of the brand Mountain Horse at the time that I got these!), if I need another I would probably want the Mountain Horse Celine Paddock Boot or the Zip Paddock Boot. They are both definitely high quality enough to ride and work in. They both cost about $100 per pair from what I know.
Celine Paddock Boot:

Zip Paddock Boot:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ the boots are soo nice.. od you know if there for colder climates cuz in in ORange COuntry Southern California and its never cold.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The ones I have are for normal climates, no heat insulation. I'm pretty sure if you want the colder climates they have specialized winter wear, so you should be fine if you buy the standard versions.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh ok.... If you saw my boots u would cry. I'm abusive..... Heehee don't have time to clean by boots everytime or to keep them dry..

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AnY others?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.