The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm rediculously bored since I've been stuck and home with a broken ankle (not out with my horse like I was completely pumped to do over winter break...) and want to do some sketching.

I'm NOT doing referenced sketches, aka no pictures. Rather, give me a discription of your dream horse and I'll sketch it up.

Example; My dream horse is a stallion, bay with two white stocking that come up mid cannon bone on his back legs. He has a small stripe thats slightly lop-sided. He has a pulled mane, but an extremely think and long forelock, as well as tail - though his tail has a blunt cut at his fetlocks. He's a tall leggy thoroughbred, but has arabic features, like a slightly dished face and often has his tail flagged.

I will go first come first serve, so it's fair. You can only have ONE dream horse unless there's a lack of demand. If I really like you horse, I might color it (but that's rare).

So! Let's hear 'em! I need the practice. :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
I like this thread~great idea =)
Ok, let's see...
When I picture my dream horse he's big-like in cartoons and such when the horse's size is a little exaggerated. Nice and tall, not lanky but not draught either. The characteristics of a friesian, but without the roman nose (don't like how rounded it is down by the nose) Color: black, but gleams a little blue in the sun.
Nice flowing gate, long mane and tail. Only lets me ride him =)
Kinda fairytale-ish I know but you asked for dreams!
Look forward to the result-thanks! :wink:

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
ok, when you finish midwestgirls could you do mine? thanks in advance...
ok, well, My dream horse is a mare, with a smart looking face, very sharp/ neat/fine legs. bay. blacklegs/tail/mane and muzzle. big brown eyes! very fine ears. dressage horse looking. wild mane and tail, and wild looking, but soft and forgiving at the same time. with a presance that says: I am here, look at how beautiful i am! but i am here to work for you.

haha i will give you five gold stars if you can get the presence part, that is very hard ;)

but i absalutely LOVE your drawing,and im looking forward to seeing mine :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Great idea. I got back into drawing when I was laid up with a fractured kneecap. I started out doing free sketches in myspace and then people offered to buy the originals. It was then that I really wanted to get serious with my artwork. Had it not been for my busted knee, I may very well have not been where I am today. So it was sort of a blessing for me. I am very happy with where my art is going now.

Anyway, I don't really have a dream horse other than to have my first horse Tailor back. Instead of posting a picture of him, I will just describe him for you. Tailor was a 17.2hh hanovarian. he had more refined face, almost like a thoroughbred and these deep soulful eyes. He always looked just a little sad in his expression. Oh yeah, and he had a flat chin (yes, a flat chin). He had a very broad chest. His tail was quite small, but it highlighted his butt very well. he was a dark bay, and had just a tiny sprinkling of white on his forehead. His coat was very dappled in the summer. He was my soul horse and I'd give anything to have him back. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Great idea. I got back into drawing when I was laid up with a fractured kneecap. I started out doing free sketches in myspace and then people offered to buy the originals. It was then that I really wanted to get serious with my artwork. Had it not been for my busted knee, I may very well have not been where I am today. So it was sort of a blessing for me. I am very happy with where my art is going now.

Anyway, I don't really have a dream horse other than to have my first horse Tailor back. Instead of posting a picture of him, I will just describe him for you. Tailor was a 17.2hh hanovarian. he had more refined face, almost like a thoroughbred and these deep soulful eyes. He always looked just a little sad in his expression. Oh yeah, and he had a flat chin (yes, a flat chin). He had a very broad chest. His tail was quite small, but it highlighted his butt very well. he was a dark bay, and had just a tiny sprinkling of white on his forehead. His coat was very dappled in the summer. He was my soul horse and I'd give anything to have him back. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
One other thing, Tailor was best known for his extended trot. He would literally float. So if you don't mind, I'd love to see him drawn in an extended trot. However, he always carried his head high and proud, never round and supple like a dressage horse.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are the first two!

Haha, I got a little mane and tail happy - but! You did say fairytail like - and that's what comes to mind. I don't know if I got the body type you were looking for (more warmbloody than friesian to me...), but I like the outcome none-the-less. :)

You got some loooong legs on your pretty lady. :) Hope you like!

·
Registered
140 Posts
When you are done with Liz's, can you do mine?

My dream horse is, a muscular gray irish sport horse with long mane and tail thats very flowey. He looks like it could jump the moon and has no fear. Can be tough but gentle, would never let me down. He has a round nose with a soft face and legs and rest of the body is very muscular with long legs. Looking forward to it, thanks!!

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
I you're still bored, I have another project for you ^^

My dream horse is a sorrel overo stallion, with a white face and splash inkblotted markings. He's swift and fearless, carrying me wherever I point him. Undying loyalty and passion are his greatest traits, while his hot and iery spirit still burns. His mane is the perfect length, not reaching any farther than the bottom of his neck. It has white streaks strewn throughout it like icicles against a dark background. He's only 14.3 hands but he's muscular, an ideal reining and working cow horse. He's built to get low and cut, while sitting hard for his stops and spinning fast.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
If you can, can you do mine? A black and white pinto stallion with a long mane and tail, racing the wind. Muscular, powerful leg, but gentle eyes

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Wow what a cool idea, I would love one!

Let's see.. I am dreaming of a huge, muscular mare. She is buckskin with a jet black mane, tail, and legs. She has a thick, wild mane and tail and a forelock that reaches her nose. She has ice blue eyes and a thick blaze. She is fairly short and the most incredible cow horse!! :)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Oh! This would be fun to have done! =)
My dream horse would be an 18hh bay Clydesdale mare, with flowing white feathers on her feet, a nice long thick black mane and tail, and a white blaze on her face.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ooh what a great idea! If you have time- mine is a dream pony :)
My dream pony is a small, 12.2 Welsh cross mare. She is a chestnut with a blaze, and four stockings up to her knees. She has a pulled mane, regular sized forelock, and a full, flowing tail. She is delicate and a little small-boned, but and beautiful mover and jumper (if you could draw in motion that would be great). She has a kind, gentle eye and is good with small children.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Yay! My turn please?
My dream horse is a grey and white paint Percheron draft. He has a big head and is all legs! He is bustling with muscles yet looks very graceful. He has a thick tail and a really long forelock. His mane reaches a bit past the bottom of his neck. Looking forward to it! Thank you!

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
ok my dream horse is a paint mustang mare with a feather in her hair, she'll be tossing her mane and swishing her tail :).
this is a great thread
thanks x

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
if your still willing to do these i have one for you.
my dream horse would be a very tall stallion. strong and well muscled. He would arch his neck for everyone. he would be a gorgeous Warmblood or Thoroughbred. black and white. long flowing mane and tail. he'd have 2 blue eyes and an almost wild look to him. perfect for eventing.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I totally understand if you don't want to do mine, and don't stress yourself out over doing it, but if you really want to my dream horse is a...

huge, muscular chestnut mare. She may be a lady, feminine and all, but she is powerful and fierce. Her snow white blaze complements her confident face and her beautiful, red body. Her eyes are big and broad, shining with passion and determination. Her legs are long and lean, seaming to be able to gallop for miles. Her tail is proudly carried high in the air. Her forelock is thick, as her tail, and her main thick, yet pulled. This mare is a Thoroughbred and is the "Rosie the Riveter" of the horse society.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here are some more! I'm on a roll tonight, House MD marathons seem to induce impulsive drawing. Haha!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have sort of a "project" for you if you would be interested. I've been looking for someone really creative to make me a new logo for my barn. Would you be up to giving it a try?

eta: your work is incredible. I am a photo major but secretly wish that I had the talent for fine art drawing as well. Keep it up!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts