The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this video on Youtube, no it does not belong to me.

Watch that kid crank around on that poor guy's face. Watch the sequence from :23 to :55... they're trying to sell this poor guy as a finished amateur reiner, but look at the rider on him? How about how hard his mouth would be? He's asking $5500, I'm guessing just because of his color, he's not even bred very well. He goes back to Hancock and Old Joe, but doesn't have a single champion in his pedigree for 5 generations!

Ugh. I am flat disgusted. What do you think?

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I'm no reiner but even I can see that he is not a finished reiner. Finished reiners are smooth in their transitions and aren't all over the place in their movement. The poor horse might have a chance if he had a better rider on him.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Poor dear... I hope he gets a good home, he seems like a good horse. Ohhh. -Hope hope hope-

·
Banned
752 Posts
Wow I'm not even into reining, but I've seen enough to know that that spin wasn't even a pivot. "He's got a nice slide on him."? Yea maybe in loose dirt with the right type of shoe, but in this video... not so much.

Poor horse. Things like this just tick me off.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
that horse looks like hes willing anyways.... he looks really up tight, the poor guy. i love his color tho :p

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Very very tolerating horse... if that was me I would have bucked the kid off haha. The horse has a nice handle, but def not a reiner. He'd go nicely for a better rider, he just looks terrified of his rider in the video

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
That poor horse. Most of what he knows he probably all ready knew when they got him! And what the heck is that person trying to do at the end? The horse looks very confused.

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Yeah, nice slide....... if you put his head where his butt is. Could they not see that he was stopping on his front feet? That poor horse. He will need a ton of corrective training before he is a prospect for anything. :( Constant pressure on that long shanked bit and hauling on him at the same time.... terrible. And from the sound of it, the rider probably booted him in the gut to get him to change leads. And OMG, those "spins" are what you see on a green horse when you are trying to stop him from bucking. That horse has no idea how to work off his hind end and that rider isn't doing him any favors. Does that horse even neck rein? If he does, I didn't see any of it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
^^^^
"Still needs some work.."
Ya got that right!! Geez..

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Poor guy. Seems so willing and tolerant, but oh so confused.

He just has this look in his eyes like, "What on EARTH are you asking me to do? This...? No...? What about this...?"

:[

People tick me off.

·
Banned
593 Posts
poor poor horse. hes not really reining either.. hes using each directional rein

that IS one tolerable gorgeous boy though.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
That horse isn't ready for that long shanked bit; he still needs to be working in a snaffle, or bosal hackemore! I think if they went back to one of those simple mouth peices, he would be much better off!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well said, smrobs! Yeah, I saw the spins. I was more concerned with the rider on the grass, when he was heading to the left side of the camera when he hit that dip in the lawn, the kid bounced backward and yanked on that poor guy's face because he couldn't keep his own balance! I'm no pro, but I do know I have better sense than that!

·
Registered
610 Posts
So, all the videos by this guy have been removed. Anyone wonder why? Maybe he reads here and found a bunch of people who don't know him bad mouthing him. I don't know enough about reining to comment on the video, but I do know enough about human nature to know that I'd be pretty hurt if I found my video on a site that could be extremely educational, being ripped to shreds. Just saying...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.