The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... my ride time for dressage is 8:50. So, thoughts on braiding? In order to do it that morning, I'll have to be up at 3AM to be at the barn by 3:45 to be able to be ready at 5:10 when my dad pulls up with the trailer. I don't have a sleazy, but my mom asked if we could make something makeshift, and I'm thinking about it... but if I don't have anything, will he rub? Will they get too frizzy? Help! =]

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
i do hunter braids & i braid them down the night before & tie them up the morning of. i have never had a horse that rubs, but i spray a ton of hairspray on them.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OH! Wonnnnderful idea. =]=]=] Then I can get up at four or so! YOU ROCK. I hadn't even thought of that. I think that's a GREAT plan. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I would braid the night before, then you could fix any if he rubbed them out, and if they get frizzy... smother them in harispray/gel haha. good luk! :)

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Id braid the night before. Getting you and your horse up that early wasted energy that should be used riding :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem solved! One of my bestest friends from school lent me her sleazy. =] No braiding in the mornnnning! =]

·
Registered
323 Posts
great!
i know a hack girl that would braide and tie them up the night before and then use cling wrap (clear plastic stuff from the kitchen) over the top of each braide to keep them neat and prevent them getting fuzzy. then at the show she'll take off the plastic and they look perfect!
i do what ever is in the times. if i have an early dressage test i paite up night before, if i have a late morning test and i camp i plait up in the morning.
use ALOT of hairspray :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.