The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So found out today Brandi is 14 days. Yay!! :) We'll check her again at 28 days to make sure she kept it, but I'm sure she will. How lucky is that though, maiden mare catching first time, and it was her first real heat of the season

I figured it'd be fun to make some predictions on things like gender, colour, markings, and due date.

We bred her on April 25th and she's maiden.

Here's some pictures of mommy and daddy.

Brandi, 14.1hh liver chestnut

Spooks Gotta Gun, 15hh, bay overo

My mom was talking to Spooks Gotta Gun's owner (they show at our reining shows) and he said that 23 out of 27 babies born on his farm in Oklahoma this year had bald faces.

I'm so excited for the baby, hopefully everything goes well.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Congrats on being in foal...Best wishes for a safe pregnancy for your mare...she's pretty! And dad's a knockout! I'm jealous! Lol!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Congrats! May it be a wonderful experience ! :D

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Congratulations. I have followed the ranch where the sire stands on MareStare this season and he definitely has a STRONG stamp on his get! If you go to the ranch's website and look in the foal gallery, you'll see it loud and clear.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

I'm so excited for this one, its bound to be a looker lol. Hopefully it has the talent to follow that :)

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
ooooooooooh so jealous! I'd LOVE a spooks gotta gun baby, deaf or no. And what good luck for her to take first try! Please keep us posted, I'll be so eager to see that baby when it comes!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My guess for my own horse is

A few days over due, April 4-5th area. Bay colt, big stocks, skunk tail, bald face with one blue eye, with a big booty on him ahha.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
I think it's awesome! Silver Spurs seem like FANTASTIC people too work with. I can't wait to deal with them in the future on a couple of their fantastic stallions!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's great he went to good owners then.
It's always a hassle when you have to run around to find where they are now lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.