The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone want to take a guess at what breed my mare Flicka is? She is supposed to be an ArabianxSaddlebred but I've heard so many different things.
Here she is:

Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
Looks like a good guess to me! Tootsie is a Arab X Pinto Saddle bred (in my avatar)

She has a bit more dish in her face than your mare, but the bodies are identical!!

Nancy

·
Administrator
36,088 Posts
I rode 3 arab x saddlebreds a few years ago and went to try one that was for sale and though they were all 'different' there were some similarities that I can see in your mare too
The dealer we had Looby off said he thought she was an arab x saddlebred and she rode a lot like one that had been trained for show classes yet I've since seen a registered Paint that was almost identical

·
Administrator
36,088 Posts
That is the best way to think about it. You love a horse for what it gives you and the best breeding in the world might not produce the right horse for you.
It is interesting to know parentage though and I wish I knew more about Loobys history as it could help understand her sometimes but she is what she is!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.