@aubie, I have to be honest- I am so, so nervous about these races this year. If a horse breaks down at that track, I feel like the stakes are just unbelievably high. I don't want to distract your thread and take away the spotlight from the amazing horses that will be running (go Midnight Bisou!) but I am not sure I can watch this year. I've really enjoyed the Bloodhorse coverage this year, they've done a nice job over the past couple of weeks. Will probably follow along there this weekend. I was wondering if you read this commentary: Back and Forward - By Evan Hammonds - What's Going On Here I think we've had similar conversations here on HF recently.
I'm sure I have posted this in years past, but a look back at what I believe is the best Breeders Cup Classic. It has it all. Truly on of the all time greats. Also one of the best jocks giving a clinic on how to ride a great horse. One of the best calls ever. And to top it all off he hit the magic number. We won't see that Saturday.
Hard to believe it's been 10 years since Zenyatta's win. I love how much they've been celebrating that and some of the stories about her latest daughter to hit the track. And I still chose to imagine that she should have beaten Blame the following year :wink:
(3) Perfect Alibi - 5 starts, 3 first, 2 second. Won a gr 2 and gr 1. Was 2nd last time out by 6 1/2 lengths to the (4) horse in this race. Definitely in my top 3.
(4) British Idiom - 2 starts, 2 wins. Beat a Gr1 winner last race (by 6 1/2 lengths). Possible winner, imo. Definitely in my top 3.
(5) Lazy Daisy - 3 starts, 2 first, 1 fourth. Was 4th in the Del Mar Debutante, which the (6) horse in this race won. Probably not top 3 imo.
(6) Bast - 3 starts, 2 first, 2nd in her maiden race. Beat the (5) in her second race, and beat the (8) and (9) in her third race (a neck in front of the 9). Probably my last pick for top 3.
(7) Wicked Whisper - 2 for 2. The furthest she has run is a mile. She is a pace setter. Can she hold the lead for 1 1/16 mile against these horses that have won already at 1 1/16? If so, she could pull it off. Maybe...
(8) K P Dreamin - 3 starts, was 4th in his maiden, won his second, and third to the (6) and (9) last race.
(9) Comical - 5 starts, 2 first, 1 second, 1 third, 1 sixth. Was 2nd by a neck last race to the (6). Was third the previous race, again the (6) won. Not buying a win here. Top 5 perhaps.
Bottom line....for me, 6 to win, 4 and 3 to round out the top 3. Maybe the (7) holds on for top 3 or 4....