The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know we talked about Mobster (he is sooooo amazing!) but I have since had a budget cut!! I found a horse named Whodini who I think has some amazing bloodlines. He is running a special where his breeding fee is only the chute/shipping, which is $750, so Im looking at maybe a total of 2k rather than 3-4k breeding to Mobster (I plan on breeding to him perhaps in 2015.) What do yall think of him? I think he is pretty dang nice and love his little head. I get all kinds of woozy for a pretty headed horse :D I have to have the payment in by Jan 1st to save the extra money, but didn't want to jump into something without hearing what other people have to say :) I didn't like his video quite as much as I liked Mobster, but he is talented and is just gorgeous!!!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, I do love them foalies, lol. I want to make my mare a producer and would love to keep the fillies/sell the colts to have my own awesome reiners :) That's the plan anyways!!!

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Personally-I like him, and for the price you can hardly lose. I really like the Whiz lines-but don't know a ton about the Dun it's, and I am not familiar with your mare. You may want to talk to someone who really knows the lines as they all have quite different "personality traits". so I hear. Just as an example, my BO has a Shining Spark bred and a Gunner. I would take the Shining spark any day over the Gunner, just based on their personalities, which from what I hear are typical of their breeding. The Gunners have the looks, that is for sure, but I am not sold on many of them….and several I know of had their tails blocked, just fyi.

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Personally, I like their other stud better, Who Whiz It. Whodini seems very front-heavy to me, likely because of how thick his neck is and how low it ties in. I'm also not loving his legs; fine boned, tied in, and his hocks are set a bit high. All in all, IMHO, his entire front end is just unattractive.

Also, just browsing youtube vids of him, I'm not overly impressed with his movement. He doesn't seem very fluid and he's having to work really hard to keep that heavy front end from just dragging on the ground.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
I agree with smrobs. He is very heavy on the front end, super thick neck that is not very attractive to me. and those legs are so fine boned. Im not impressed.

Josie is a much better mare than that breeding would warrent IMO. The pedigree is there, but the overall resulting foal...probably not so much.

IMO, Id wait a year and save up for Mobster's stud fee.

Better to produce 1 outstanding foal, then multiple average ones.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: PixiTrix

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm, I'll go back and look a little more in depth then. I'm still going to breed to Mobster, but I would like to find another stallion to breed to as well, so she can have a job since we won't be riding much lately. I can breed her to that dun horse with no show record for $250 plus shipping, etc, but kind of looked back and decided not to, I want her bred to something proven!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
237 Posts
What are Josie's bloodlines?

Solanos Kicker is having an end of year discount for daughters of NRHA money earning sires.

This video is of him two months ago at age 18 being ridden by Jarvis Anderson. Hasn't been asked for reining maneuvers in 10+ years. No tail blocking, and still sound as can be.

Just throwing some ideas at you :) I just love Josie, such a stunning mare!
Here's is FB page if you're interested. https://www.facebook.com/SolanosKicker

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you! I saw he was running a deal earlier as well! I don't think that'd be the best pairing for my mare since she is a tad long. I want to strengthen her faults as much as possible. He is a nice horse though :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Are there any particular lines you're looking at for her...or just some good reining lines? Any particular color?

Only reason I'm asking is because now you've got me browsing reining stud ads LOL...

I like this guy, but if your mare is a bit long as well, maybe not such a good match either
Hollywood Dunit Good, Sired By the great 5 Million Dollar Sire Hollywood Dun it, Standing at Ackerman Performance Horses

Also not sure what kind of budget you're looking at but...wowee
Quarter Horses for Sale, Paint Horses, Reining Horses for sale at Hilldale Farm

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wowza, I love the second stallion!!! The fee isn't bad either! I really don't know many stallions, but I love the nu chex, wimpys little step, and gunner lines. Could sure use the help finding reasonable fees like the two boys above.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And color is definitely a plus. I want talent, conformation, and temperament in a colorful package if I can find it. Would love a double dilute baby to raise and show to be a great producer!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
22,320 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah... He does look a little long. It's soooo hard making a decision on something when I was already set out to breed to a big guy, lol. Where are you finding all these guys? I have no luck!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.