The Horse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a quick video of our ride today; we had a ton of fun and Excel was such a good little Western horse. I think I should enter him in some of the Western Pleasure classes at fair next year; he was showing me a beautiful little lope in the woods! He's such a super boy; really kicks it into gear when I ask but comes right back down when I tell him to. Anyway, ignore the shaking; Lenox was moving around while my mom was filming and I slowed a lot of it down so it isn't super hard on the eyes ;-). Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Aww that looks like fun! I laughed when the dog was in the way and he was like OMGGG I just almost died lol

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
What an attractive horse!

There is nothing better than getting on a horse in a huge field with good footing and having a real gallop. It blows the cobwebs out of both the horse and the rider. You always know it was fun when you both come back to the barn with big smiles!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
You guys look great.

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol! Trust me, I know. It's hard when your cameraman is on a 1500-lb eating machine who decides she can't eat grass and stand still at the same time! ;-) We've actually been looking around at some tripods, so if anyone can recommend a good one, please do.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun! I love a good gallop, and I agree that you are a great rider. You will go far, young lady!!

I also want to throw something out there and I hope you don't mind. I would take all that excess latigo and tie it up so it isn't dangling down by his cannons. I'm just paranoid about that kind of thing. Since it's a synthetic saddle and I imagine doesn't have the little ties like leathers do, I'd just be ghetto and make a loop with baling twine and put it around the horn. =]

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like a lot of fun! I love a good gallop, and I agree that you are a great rider. You will go far, young lady!!

I also want to throw something out there and I hope you don't mind. I would take all that excess latigo and tie it up so it isn't dangling down by his cannons. I'm just paranoid about that kind of thing. Since it's a synthetic saddle and I imagine doesn't have the little ties like leathers do, I'd just be ghetto and make a loop with baling twine and put it around the horn. =]
I actuallly didn't notice it came down. I usually loop it over and through the holder near the pommel (can't for the life of me remember what it's called), but I guess it fell out after a little while. Hmm, I might have to go getto with some baling twine next time!

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Yeah, I think it was down for most of the video. Hopefully you can jury-rig something that'll stay! I had to get creative with Gracie's saddle/cinch too. It would make far more sense to buy her a smaller cinch, but baling twine is so free and easy! =P

1 - 13 of 13 Posts