The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking at possibly purchasing a Brenderup solo trailer because I drive SUV and only have one horse to trailer. This would also be my first time hauling. Anyone on here have experience with Brenderups? If so, my question is would you say it's a pretty safe/durable trailer? Have you had to make a lot of repairs? If so, did you have a hard time finding parts or a place to take it to be serviced? For a one horse trailer, is it possible that it could flip over when driving or be unsafe for a horse/is the fiberglass pretty durable or solid?

·
Registered
264 Posts
My friend has a Brenderup and absolutely loves it. She hauls out to trails often. That's my knowledge of them!

·
Registered
154 Posts
My wife has one which she pulls with her Acura MDX suv just fine. I've personally taken it on 300 and 400 mile trips on interstates and thought it towed well. It was very stable and well balanced. The trailer was bought used and we've not had to make any repairs other than a bit of wiring to get all the lights working. Since they are no longer imported some specialty parts may be hard to find but we've not had to look for any yet. One weakness is where the escape door is cut into the front left panel the "plywood" tends to rot. This area on ours will have to be replaced at some point. It's surprising how much room the little trailer has for one horse.

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
I used to have a Baron (2 horse with tack storage). I loved it -- light-filled, sturdy, light-weight, stable, and very cleverly designed throughout. My horse, however, despised it. She does better with slant load stock trailer. If your horse is okay in there, I say go for it.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I want one except I wish they had a step up. I despise ramps. That ultimately why I passed on getting one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts