The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally come to a point where I REALLY need a new bridle. I am noticing some weaknesses in the straps and am really wary of using it. Unfortunately, I can only afford like $40. I need a bridle with a flash and something to match the new brown wintec I am getting. I REALLY like fancy browbands but with my budget, I don't think I can afford one at the moment. Once I buy my saddle and gullet kit, I will be able to know for sure how much money I spend. I need something of GREAT quality. Something that will last me a while. I don't think I need reins. I like the ones I have so I think just a headstall with a flash will do. As much as I hate taking care of leather I prefer a synthetic bridle but have heard bad reviews from Wintec ones so no Wintecs please. Used is acceptable as long as it is good quality and in good condition.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Check out Dover's Suffolk bridle brand. They are all under 40 (not including shipping) and I am very very pleased with the one I bought from them. Its about five years old, no cracks or anything in the leather, super supple from day one.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I have to agree with HorseLove. With the features you want, $40 is a rather difficult number - but you never know. Do you have one now you can use until you can enlarge your budget?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I was also going to suggest Dover's suffolk line - they were used on the lesson horses where I used to board, great bridle for the price :)

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
I'd go with the used one, frankly. I go to Dover all the time (we have 2 stores around), and when I was looking for one I tried all cheaper bridles, and everything under $80 (I believe) was VERY stiff and made in India.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I've never heard anything bad about the Wintec bridles..I've been using them for years and I adore them.
I would think that would be the best synthetic bridle you could get around your price range..

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ill probably check on the Suffolk ones. Ill also look at used ones being sold on an online store

·
Registered
601 Posts
I just found a wonderful consignment / used tack store in my town. Look for something like that in your area, or on craigslist. There are a lot of people selling horse stuff right now due to the economy.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Well here it is off a horse:

and best picture I have of it on a horse.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my zip is 04401. I think you just sold your bridle :) Does it come with the flash and does the flash match the bridle?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I have never seen the brown wintec in person so I couldn't tell you on that. Yeah I could include the flash. I will check on shipping tonight when I get home and can weigh the bridle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.