The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place... Didn't really know where to put this thread... :?

Anyway, in our PE theory class at school yesterday we were doing sex ed. :oops: And then the teacher was talking about broken hymens and how i could already have a broken one cos i ride? Not that it's a big issue, but I'm just really curious! Is that true?

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
If you're a horseback rider or a gymnast, count yourself lucky, because chances are very good you'll never have to experience that lovely pain and bleeding during your first time!

Of course then you may have to endure a vindictive ex accusing you of lying about your virginity, but that's another story.

·
Banned
1,863 Posts
Yes it can happen
Sorry, but a side question:
Would you know if it has/had broke? Would you feel anything?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Mine broke before my first time as well and I never noticed it. My friend who rode as much as I did wasn't so lucky however. So yes it's possible but you may never know until you're a bit more grown up.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yep happened to me too. It happened before I got my fist period (I was a late bloomer :oops:). I got a little freaked out because there was a little blood, and then it didn't happen again until I got my first period like a year later or something. Never felt anything though which is pretty good in a way I guess

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Not every rider will break their hymen.

Good friend who rode for 10 yrs before having sex didn't break hers, she bled like a stuck pig, but had little pain. I didn't bleed at all, but had excruciating pain. Another rider friend didn't bleed and had no pain. I think it's luck of the draw. :lol:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Definitely another benefit of riding... LOL. And to who ever posted dealing with the ex who did not believe about your virginity, I hear you... wish there was a way to tell if a guy was a virgin.... not fair!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Horse back riding is a high impact sport that could cause this yes.

·
Registered
365 Posts
i think my jaw dropped when I saw this post haha but its good to be open about it
I didn't notice it but it must've happened before my first time because I didn't hurt or bleed so I suppose thats a good thing :p

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think my jaw dropped when I saw this post haha but its good to be open about it
I didn't notice it but it must've happened before my first time because I didn't hurt or bleed so I suppose thats a good thing :p
Hahah yeah i guess so :p Ooh that must have been good then,i have no idea if mine is broken :-:)oops:

·
Banned
1,863 Posts
Hahah yeah i guess so :p Ooh that must have been good then,i have no idea if mine is broken :-:)oops:
Neither do I. I guess it probably has happened in the 5 years I have been riding. I never noticed unusual bleeding, so it could have happened when I was on my period, or right after one and I thought I wasn't done or something.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Also wanted to add because I can't remember if it has been said or not...

You can break your hymen from using a tampon, gymnastics, heavy exercising, bouncing on a trampoline...

Your OBGYN will be able to tell if your hymen is in tact if you want to know, but I know I never really knew one way or the other until the first time I had sex and I saw it wasnt horrible and a bloodfest (TMI?) Breaking your hymen can produce a lot of blood or a little.

:) Your daily dose of random information...

1 - 20 of 104 Posts