The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone very new to the site love it so far. I am from cedar rapids iowa and wandering if anyone new of any saddle bronc riding schools eather close or even around iowa. thanks for the help

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
There's such thing as a bronc riding school? And here I was, a Texan, thinking that they just tossed crazy people up on bulls or horses and let 'em loose...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
In my opinion Lyle Sankey has the most successful, proven school there is. He used to be based in Branson, Missouri, but travels around putting on schools. Lyle's a great teacher and does well matching riders with horses. He should have a webpage

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i wish i could go to sankey it looks very good but i did look at his site and the closest one to me is 8 hrs away. I was hopping to fine one in iowa.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I rode sb, was too tall for bb. But if you go to a rodeo here, ther'll be 80 bull riders and 4 bronc riders. Up close to Canada, there'll be 80 bronc riders and 4 bull riders!
And there will still only be 2 qualified bull rides!!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I don't understand bull riding... I mean... bronc riding originated from a purpose. It's not like cowboys were breaking bulls to ride or anything... ah well. I love the clowns. They're the best part.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I've never enjoyed bull riding much. I like to watch a good ride not 3 seconds of a fall off. Nothing is more impressive than a 90 point bull ride but it happens so rarely that it's just hardly worth watching. There's almost always good rides in the saddle bronc riding and when one of those guys gets one tapped off and thier spurs are singing and the horse is gruntin and bucking just as hard as it can it's **** near poetry.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I might be partial to broncs because I have friends who do it, so it's always exciting to see them. One's gunna try and get invited to the Calgary Stampede in the Novice SB this year. He's pretty good...I'm excited for him. He was at several schools in the past year. and they seemed to have helped a lot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.