The Horse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad news... All those nasty crawling and winged creatures are coming soon! What gets your vote as the best bug spray on the market today? Looking for something that's effective, yet gentle and not too stinky. Homemade to store or company bought, I'd like to hear them. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
WipeII with Citronella. I live in the swamps of South Carolina, so nothing lasts for long. But this stuff is good for an hour or so. Which is an hour or so longer than anything else I've tried.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
war paint around Bo's lower legs, stays on an lasts, its pretty goey, it isnt a spray, more like a lotion.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Pyranha. LOVE it! Best I've used.. even comes in an aerosol spray for shows so it won't pick up dirt in the arena.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I use pryhana aerosol for day to day, I find it to be highly concentrated and it works great for my guys. Zero stickyness issues! I also put a little swat just inside their ears because they're super knat sensitive and have absolute fits.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
806 Posts
Apple cider vinegar in his water bucket once a day about 2 - 4 cups depending on how nasty the ******s are out diluted with a full bucket of water work better than anything else and i can't smell him. Also helps with horses that have arthritis.

·
Super Moderator
16,042 Posts
You can keep all your fancy chemical fly sprays that work for all of an hour. A lot of the ingredients are exceedingly toxic.

Try using Neem oil. This is natural from the Neem tree.

Neem solidifies so needs to be stood in hot water. Once liquid, mix 5 ml with 3 ml of shampoo and make up with 1 litre of hot water and wash this all over the horse.
It does not spray on easily as it soon solidifies and bungs the nozzle.

It will stay in the horse for at least a week or two unless they sweat a great deal.
Horse with sweet itch are greatly relieved if neat Neem is rubbed on where they are rubbing.

The disadvantage is that Neem does not smell the best but it wears off after a couple of hours.

Far more effective and cheaper than anything else I have used.
Also if you wash it over your dogs it keeps fleas and ticks away.

·
Banned
241 Posts
Here's what you do if you want to alleviate your poor horse's suffering and also contribute to a great cause.

I've been offering this on English forums for about 10 years and on US and Canadian Forums for 5 years.

Its highly recommended and in addition to alleviating your horse from this nuisance you get to donate to a fantastic cause: Leukaemia Research.

It's raised $42,300 and over £127,060.

Its minimum donation £10 in the UK or $20 UK and Canada. You are welcome to donate more and indeed I encourage it
But you don't get the recipe if you don't donate at least that amount.

You make an online donation directly to the charity and in the country of your choice and on one of the following links:
English donations to:
https://leukaemialymphomaresearch.org.uk/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=1

Canadian donations to:
http://www.canadahelps.org/CharityPr...harityID=s6602

American donations to:
https://www.leukemia-research.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=184

Once you've made your donation you will receive a confirmation receipt and I need a copy of that as proof

Send your copy either to my Private Messaging Box or to my email: [email protected]

I normally deal with them promptly but in the rare event that you've not heard within a week, then do ensure I received your first message and please send me a reminder.

And then finally once you've started using the fly repellent and find it works, then please let others know and in passing the word round raise a lot more money for this fantastic cause. Please don't give others the recipe or let them know what's in it at all. Its a SECRET recipe and only for those who've made their donation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts