The Horse Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
also how far are you willing to drive? Does it matter what site you get the horse off of?
Are you looking for a gelding or mare?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would have your trainer suggest what horse auctions in your part of the world that sells the breed of horse your looking for and atend a few to get a feel what kind of money buys what kind of horse. Forget the high strung bloodlines if you want a child safe horse. Your trainer should know which ones I refer too..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Quick update:
My trainer, the seller and I came to a good agreement and Jack, the black Arabian stallion will come to the barn I am boarding with in one month. He will be gelded at the sellers barn and I’ll basically board him there for one month and then we’ll transport him home. I’ll visit him during that oath as often as I can.
My trainer agreed that he’s a good horse and after gelding a good fit. He’s very calm and friendly. I somehow really clicked with him. I only very recently learned that he shares his birthday ( day, month, not year ) with my stillborn son and that’s truly astonishing. It’s like a sign from God almost.
I’ll post some pictures soon, probably in a new thread just for him .In the end I’ll be spending more than I initially planned but he’s worth it. He has very good ancestry and is just so beautiful and everything about him looks and feels right.
We’ll start training him probably two- four weeks after he comes to the barn I board at. I’m so thankful that my trainer went with me to drive 3 hours in total to look at him as a favor basically and that she will train him with me.
thanks to Everyone that advised me.

·
Registered
10,944 Posts
Big Congratulations!!!

I try not to believe in signs but sometimes ------you have to wonder and this is one of those times:)

You might like to start a journal in the "Members Journal" section:)

(2) Member Journals | The Horse Forum

I can't wait to see pictures of the handsome fella -- he's an Arab that automatically makes him handsome:)

His name is Jack and there is nothing wrong with Jack -- one of my friend's Tennessee Walkers is named Jack and it suites him. I am not one to change a horse's name but somehow "Jack" isn't very Arabian-ish, but then neither was "Streeter" which was my rescued Arab's barn name taken from his registered name "Wallstreeter", lollol

At any rate, I am so happy for you and that Jack has found himself a forever home - sans part of his family jewels but he will be much happier once the swelling goes down:) The Sellers must be pretty nice folks to allow him to stay until after the gelding and a time for healing:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Big Congratulations!!!

I try not to believe in signs but sometimes ------you have to wonder and this is one of those times:)

You might like to start a journal in the "Members Journal" section:)

(2) Member Journals | The Horse Forum

I can't wait to see pictures of the handsome fella -- he's an Arab that automatically makes him handsome:)

His name is Jack and there is nothing wrong with Jack -- one of my friend's Tennessee Walkers is named Jack and it suites him. I am not one to change a horse's name but somehow "Jack" isn't very Arabian-ish, but then neither was "Streeter" which was my rescued Arab's barn name taken from his registered name "Wallstreeter", lollol

At any rate, I am so happy for you and that Jack has found himself a forever home - sans part of his family jewels but he will be much happier once the swelling goes down:) The Sellers must be pretty nice folks to allow him to stay until after the gelding and a time for healing:)
A journal is angerattertem idea.
I will probably rename him. I’m thinking
Pashtak
Nerestro
Lodrig

( names from my favorite fantasy books, the Ulldart)

The owner is indeed very nice. She raised him and is very attached.she wants the best for him. And it’s better to go a few weeks after gelding to our place for him.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts