The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad just bought a new horse. He is AQHA registered. But on his papers it says "Tattoo number...." (I will get the # tonight) And I was just wondering if that meant he has raced before.

Also if someone with an AQHA account could help me find more info on him that would be great!
His registered name is Itsa easy
He is a 23 year old grey gelding. I will get his tatto number tonight.

Here is a pic of him! (Just because he is cute!!)

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
My dad just bought a new horse. He is AQHA registered. But on his papers it says "Tattoo number...." (I will get the # tonight) And I was just wondering if that meant he has raced before.
Tattoo simply means he passed the gate. Does not mean he was ever raced.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, thank you! But does that mean he was trained or anything for racing or am I totally wrong?

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
Tattoo simply means he passed the gate. Does not mean he was ever raced.
Question - Do QHs tend to lip tattoo for any other reason? For ID or such? (other than race horses I am asking.)

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ EXACTLY!! that is what I want to know too!

·
Registered
735 Posts
I don't know of any other reason a Quarter Horse would be lip tattooed besides intent to be raced.

With a name like Itsa Easy it also points toward racing bloodlines- -Easy Jet, for example.

Can you post his pedigree when you get a chance?

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^Yep I will tonight. I was wondering if anyone has any AQHA memberships that they could look up his name on AQHA and see if he has any records or anything.

I looked at his lip last night, and he does have a tattoo! It is crazy I have never seen a tattoo in real life before!

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
REG. NO. HORSE'S NAME COLOR SEX DATE FOAL ST 2551598 ITSA EASY GRAY GELDING 04/28/1986 IN
AQHA has no show record for him. I will see if they listed it in an anouther area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.