The Horse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have paddock boots, but I've currently been riding in some Aquatherm boots. My dad wants me to get some half chaps, but I'm not sure if I would need to get real paddock boots for it. I'm asking this because the top is wider than paddock boots by a bit and it doesn't touch my skin. And, are they necessary? Thank you so much everyone! :)

PLEASE TELL ME ANY IDEAS FOR GOOD, DURABLE (AND CHEAPER) HALF CHAPS OR/AND PADDOCK BOOTS! THANK YOU! :D

These are the boots I have:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yes you can. I've used them with my blundstones before, as long as the elastic area is open enough. I haven't come across half chaps that wouldn't work well yet.

For half chaps, I'd actually recommend going for a good leather pair. I like tredstep or ariat half chaps, although they aren't the cheapest. I've had synthetic ones in the past and they just fell apart after a while.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I would recommend getting paddock boots for riding in; I found it made a real difference when I switched. Mine are Auken zip-ups that I got on sale for under $50. Look around and you could find a good deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes you can. I've used them with my blundstones before, as long as the elastic area is open enough. I haven't come across half chaps that wouldn't work well yet.

For half chaps, I'd actually recommend going for a good leather pair. I like tredstep or ariat half chaps, although they aren't the cheapest. I've had synthetic ones in the past and they just fell apart after a while.
Thank you! Ill look into that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would recommend getting paddock boots for riding in; I found it made a real difference when I switched. Mine are Auken zip-ups that I got on sale for under $50. Look around and you could find a good deal.
They are actually on sale for $50 bucks at my local store, too! Ill check those out. Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
Elle, 1997 Oldenburg mare
2,080 Posts
With the Auken ones, make sure you feel the soles. I used to have a pair of them, and the soles felt like hard plastic and would slip around all over the place in the stirrups. I assumed it was a problem with my riding, until I got better boots and the problem disappeared. I know some of the boots they make now have better, more rubbery soles though. So make sure you feel them before you buy them!

·
Banned
11 Posts
yes!! but maybe have a look at saxon , Dublin, or ovation paddock boots? they are more affordable and ideal for riding with half chaps!! I got my Dublin ones off of statelinetack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts