The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
The administrator can, you just have to ask...I think. =) I know people have.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Nope. Can't. Only if it is a small change like capitalization or something. I had my "S" capitalized.

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Nope. Can't. Only if it is a small change like capitalization or something. I had my "S" capitalized.
Really? Cuz I know that My2Geldings (for instance) was M2G when I first joined, then became CacheDownTaxes (or something like that...) and is now back to M2G... Maybe she's just special. =)

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
I would probably change to TakeAChance....after a gelding that im buying!

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can an admid answer? then i will know for sure... :S

·
Registered
808 Posts
I hope we can! I was luvmyperch when I joined, but now that Noah's gone, I'd really like to change it to something else... It's still upsetting when I see my user name!

·
Registered
13,165 Posts
Although it's been done on a very rare occasion, it is not something we normally do. The reason is simply that members would be asking to have their names changed every time they changed horses or for other reasons. It makes things very confusing and it's very time consuming.

As for just abandoning the old ID and forming a new account ... that is also frowned upon. It has been done in the past and once discovered, members have been banned - all on a case by case basis, of course.

·
Registered
13,165 Posts
It is usually done for the wrong reasons. We've had some members who were banned and tried to come back with different IDs. We've had members who created a different ID and used that one to cause havoc. We've had members who created a different ID and used the new one to bolster the esteem of the original.

I could go on and on but I think you get the idea.

·
Registered
104 Posts
ok......... I would really like to change my username to because when I signed up for horse forum well............ I loved my friends horse chinga!!!!!! But see I didn't come up with my username my friend did it for me (ChingazMyBoy)!!! She did it because i didn't no what to do!!!!! So please can you change my username to either:
(1) Ilovebelle
(2) IloveHorses
(3) IlovePonies
ummm.. thankz and if you have to add any numbers to anyone of these add 99 or 101!!!! Please do change it!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Oh I see. but what if I deleted this account and created a new one because I want a new username? I probably won't but if I ended up doing that, would I get banned?

·
Registered
13,165 Posts
Read the post above yours, that is an example why our policy is not to change IDs.

Folks, I'm closing this thread because I've given you the reasons why we don't change IDs and to keep asking and offering reasons and "what if" is pointless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.