The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about putting my gelding up for lease. He needs to be ridden more.
I have just never written an ad before.
Here is some info about him
*15 years old
*Registered Paint
*Rides English and western
*Has been shown
*Very sane on trails
*Crosses anything
*Trailers well
*Was a lesson horse before I bought him
*It will be an on site lease (I will still be riding him also)
*$100 a month
*Indoor/outdoor arena
*Lesson instructor on site (Or they can use their own after I meet them)
Is there anything else? I guess I am mainly having a problem with where to start

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I'm not the best at riding ads, but I'd make sure to include what the price would be (I'm assuming $100/month for x days/week of riding, but I"m not sure), and how many days the person would be allowed to ride.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not the best at riding ads, but I'd make sure to include what the price would be (I'm assuming $100/month for x days/week of riding, but I"m not sure), and how many days the person would be allowed to ride.
I am thinking 3 or 4 days of riding for them per week.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I am thinking 3 or 4 days of riding for them per week.
I'd say "Half lease with three days of riding per week" directly in the ad just to be clear. Some people might be put off to read "horse for lease, $100" to find that they only get part time riding privileges. $100/month is a pretty good deal for a half lease of a sane, show/lesson quality horse, but not everyone is looking for a half lease!

I'd do something along the lines of "15 year old APHA gelding available for an on-farm half lease, $100 per month. He has experience showing both English and Western in (xxx disciplines) and has experience as both a trail and lesson horse. He ties, loads, and trailers well, is quiet, and will cross anything on the trails. The farm has an indoor and outdoor arena with a trainer on site, or you can use your own trainer upon approval.

Just something to get you started- everyone is welcome to poop on my ad and write their own version :wink: If I misrepresented your horse or left out any of his assets, then be sure to correct it. If they are allowed (or required) to use your own tack then say "use of owner's tack is included in lease fee".

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much. That was very helpful
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.